Out of the mouth of babes...

kiwififer

On 16/11/2018 at 23:53, Herman Hessian said:

not sure if there's an upper age limit to the "babes" from which utterances are permitted in this thread, but was chatting to hessian junior s'afty, who's just turned 17, and who has his girlfriend coming over on sunday "ahhh good`' says me "very prim and proper - church then sunday lunch, eh ?" - "don't knock religious girls, father" says the boy "they know all about getting on their knees and keeping their eyes shut..."

:thumsup2

Is Hessian Jnr a girl? 

On 11/13/2018 at 18:37, welshbairn said:

I'm guilty of this. Just thought the closer it is the quicker you can leave the place.

This is my thought process too which is why I put my contactless card actually inside the slot left over from the old non-contactless cards.

You can't get closer than being inside.

Spoiler

(^ "Tell the court the basis of Hessian's relationship with his son" type post)

Edited by Margaret Thatcher
I fucked the punchline

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

I was at a pub quiz on Friday night. The sport round started with "which sport would you be playing if you were throwing stones at houses?"
There were a team of younger quines next to us, 18ish, one of them asked her pal "is it pegging?"

I'm so old I had to google pegging. Wikipedia is quite graphic.

On 13/11/2018 at 09:17, DA Baracus said:

I see loads of folk actually ensure that contact is made when using contactless. Quite a few place the full card over the machine face.

Most of the ones I have seen say "tap card here" on them.

Edited by HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows

18 hours ago, Blootoon87 said:

I was at a pub quiz on Friday night. The sport round started with "which sport would you be playing if you were throwing stones at houses?"
There were a team of younger quines next to us, 18ish, one of them asked her pal "is it pegging?"

18 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I'm so old I had to google pegging. Wikipedia is quite graphic.

I also had to wikipedia it.

In unrelated news, I've now let my wife know what I'd like for Christmas.

• 3 weeks later...

Flying out from Edinburgh Airport this morning.  I always get a bit of a dodgy tummy when we fly with the family as I get a bit stressed about the whole thing.  

Standing looking at the board to find out what desk we need to drop our bags at and I let go a silent one.  I can tell it's going to be bad as it feels hotter than a thousand suns on the way out.  

I'm not going to lie, the stench was horrific.  My wife then loudly proclaims that "the drains are absolutely stinking in here".