Personalised Number Plates

mid-table

• 8 months later...

A slow day at work today and into my inbox pops an email from DVLA about the upcoming auction of numbers. A sad indictment of my life (but possibly an indication of the affection in which I hold you all) but I couldn't help but spot a number that may be of use to particular posters:

CBE4R - any of the sevconian contingent

DEE2F - that Deefiant chap?

DM10NGS - Dominic Malonga (sp?)

FTP27S - I'll just leave that here...

HBS1T - sadly now no longer a joke.

POO504P -that showering japester

RO11EYB - what alias is he under these days?

VRG11N - is that the Morton guy? Sorry for not paying attention.

and, the one that started me on sharing all this with you:

G81MBO -

Like I say, a sad indictment on my life...

http://www.dvlaauction.co.uk/index.php/timed-auction/view-registrations/

A slow day at work today and into my inbox pops an email from DVLA about the upcoming auction of numbers. A sad indictment of my life (but possibly an indication of the affection in which I hold you all) but I couldn't help but spot a number that may be of use to particular posters:

CBE4R - any of the sevconian contingent

DEE2F - that Deefiant chap?

DM10NGS - Dominic Malonga (sp?)

FTP27S - I'll just leave that here...

HBS1T - sadly now no longer a joke.

POO504P -that showering japester

RO11EYB - what alias is he under these days?

VRG11N - is that the Morton guy? Sorry for not paying attention.

and, the one that started me on sharing all this with you:

G81MBO -

Like I say, a sad indictment on my life...

http://www.dvlaauction.co.uk/index.php/timed-auction/view-registrations/

Di Bruce Robertson likes the 6th listing- no idea why I do, but I do.

7th, I meant 7th.

I'm seriously  thinking of getting rid of mine.  Leasing a new car every couple of years means putting it on retention then getting it on the new car and getting fleeced by the lease companies for an administration charge for putting it on and taking it off then getting charged a similar charge by the insurance company for notifying them of a change of registration.

Only downside is I'll never remember my registration but I can probably live with that.

9 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

You don't need to! It's on the front (and back) of your motor!

That's a fair point but most of the time you're asked for it (booking in for a service, booking airport parking) the car is not in front of you.  I'll keep a note of it on my phone I suppose.

10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

That's a fair point but most of the time you're asked for it (booking in for a service, booking airport parking) the car is not in front of you.  I'll keep a note of it on my phone I suppose.

Mine is pretty easy as every car bought new in Inverness has the same first 2 letters, I know the year, so there's just the last 3 letters to remember.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

I'm seriously  thinking of getting rid of mine.  Leasing a new car every couple of years means putting it on retention then getting it on the new car and getting fleeced by the lease companies for an administration charge for putting it on and taking it off then getting charged a similar charge by the insurance company for notifying them of a change of registration.

Only downside is I'll never remember my registration but I can probably live with that.

You'll be lucky to remember your name in a couple of years. Number plates won't be a big deal then.

13 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

You'll be lucky to remember your name in a couple of years. Number plates won't be a big deal then.

Quite possibly.  I bought my first car in 1973, it was a 1967 Triumph Herald convertible.  The registration was EYJ 862 F; it's the only reg I remember until I got the personalised one.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Quite possibly.  I bought my first car in 1973, it was a 1967 Triumph Herald convertible.  The registration was EYJ 862 F; it's the only reg I remember until I got the personalised one.

I barely remember what kind mine is just now. Never mind the registration. To be fair it's a shite motor and I have no interest in them.

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I barely remember what kind mine is just now. Never mind the registration. To be fair it's a shite motor and I have no interest in them.

I'm not big into cars but use it extensively for my work.  Having driven a series of bangers in my early days I enjoy the reliability of a new car.