Unpopular opinions.

9 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Golf is shite

Other than among the fopdoodles who enjoy playing golf, or their even more worser counterparts who enjoy watching other people playing golf - in what circles is this an unpopular opinion? 

Drinking alcohol before 8pm at night suggests you have a problem functioning
I wouldn't be arsed if there was to be a prohibition but I can't agree with this. If you mean drinking in the house randomly then aye. But going out for a drink during the day is far better than at night (at least that's the case in Dumfries). You can get some decent conversation because the music isn't blaring and you end up speaking with complete randoms. Try and strike a conversation with a random at night and they think you're mental.

If you're on a day out as well then it's normally a few pints during the day. f**k waiting until that time of night!

Drinking alcohol before 8pm at night suggests you have a problem functioning

Having a pint before midday, usually when you’re on holiday, feels like you’re messing with the natural order of things and I’m all for it.

I wouldn't be arsed if there was to be a prohibition but I can't agree with this. If you mean drinking in the house randomly then aye. But going out for a drink during the day is far better than at night (at least that's the case in Dumfries). You can get some decent conversation because the music isn't blaring and you end up speaking with complete randoms. Try and strike a conversation with a random at night and they think you're mental.

If you're on a day out as well then it's normally a few pints during the day. f**k waiting until that time of night!
i had a pint at lunchtime today in forfar and had a great conversation with an older boy called colin who was ex forces. i ended up habing an extra pint as i was enjoying his concersation. afternoon drinking pisses all over evening drinking

22 minutes ago, ah-dee said:
11 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

i had a pint at lunchtime today in forfar and had a great conversation with an older boy called colin who was ex forces. i ended up habing an extra pint as i was enjoying his concersation. afternoon drinking pisses all over evening drinking

I'm all for daytime drinking and have been doing it frequently since about 1992. I'm still always surprised by the sunlight when I leave the pub though.

it all depends - if you are getting drunk before 11am in a pub that opens at 8am surrounded by walnut faced old soaks then you are probably on the wrong path.

Not disagreeing there but it’s not reasonable to assume alcohol should only be consumed in the evenings either.

Just now, throbber said:

Not disagreeing there but it’s not reasonable to assume alcohol should only be consumed in the evenings either.

It'd probably be easier for you to list the hours where you aren't pouring gut rot down your neck.  

Just now, throbber said:

I have gone almost 2 weeks without a drop, I will have a few on Saturday though.

I've barely had a drink in the last year, since we found out my wife was pregnant.

1 hour ago, ah-dee said:
12 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

It certainly does and for the reason you mention alone.  You meet all sort of random folk out drinking during the day as opposed to mainly arseholes in the evening.