Unpopular opinions.

5 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

All you need to do to succeed in life is to not be a snowflake. By successfully not being a snowflake, you've already defeated 99% of the "competition".

^^^ gammon

4 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

All you need to do to succeed in life is to not be a snowflake. By successfully not being a snowflake, you've already defeated 99% of the "competition".

1% snowflakes is a major underestimation imo.

Considering the hilarious latest women's marches at the weekend, more 'inconvenient/whitewashed truth' than unpopular opinion...

Men largely gained suffrage in return for social/family responsibility and risking their lives on the battlefield. Women gained suffrage by a small sect of feminists stamping their feet, and the men in power duly granting suffrage (much to the chagrin of many women).

However, the latter women needn't have fretted - the requisite responsibilities never followed, and so the balanced equality that was in place before women's suffrage then disappeared, making women privileged in this respect to this day.

Edited by banana

55 minutes ago, banana said:

Considering the hilarious latest women's marches at the weekend, more 'inconvenient/whitewashed truth' than unpopular opinion...

Men largely gained suffrage in return for social/family responsibility and risking their lives on the battlefield. Women gained suffrage by a small sect of feminists stamping their feet, and the men in power duly granting suffrage (much to the chagrin of many women).

However, the latter women needn't have fretted - the requisite responsibilities never followed, and so the balanced equality that was in place before women's suffrage then disappeared, making women privileged in this respect to this day.

^^^ In the 99%

On 11/06/2018 at 19:44, ICTChris said:

It's very doubtful that they are.  It's more likely that you just don't like them and probably have envy of their achievement so rationalise your feelings by calling them sociopathic or a psychopath. 

I think you might be wrong, psychopaths or those with quite a few of the traits appear to do well in business.

Edited by ayrmad

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

I think you might be wrong, psychopaths ot those with quite a few of the traits appear to do well in business.

A group X doing well at a certain venture does not mean everyone doing well at that venture are from group X.

Just now, banana said:

A group X doing well at a certain venture does not mean everyone doing well at that venture are from group X.

I'm not suggesting they're all like that, I meet some highfliers that are not even close to being psychopathic, they're nearly as normal as myself.

9 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Beautiful scenery, I have no interest in it. People in Scotland love our scenery but I find it incredibly boring. It's just masses of grass and trees. 

Beatiful scenery to me is a tidy bird with her tits mostly out and a skirt barely covering her arse.

If you find that boring then you need to question yourself

18 hours ago, banana said:

I think this is a bit misguided.

I'm with you to a degree inasmuch as the rhetoric and tone of the recent commemoration of the granting of (some) women's suffrange has been irresponsible in creating a dynamic of triumph over men - this, to me, completely overlooks the class element of this story which is still a factor now.  I'm not convinced either that the establishment graciously granted young men the vote due to "risking their lives on the battlefield" - rather an institutionalised paranoia that this country would be next in the firing line of fervent trend of revolution gripping the continent at that point in British history.

Your last sentence is baffling to be honest.

I lose much of the interest in the World Cup towards the latter stages. 

Agree to an extent. I lose interest once the groups are pretty much decided. The knockout stages relight my interest though. The last 16 more so than last 32. Columbia Belgium, who cares? Argentina will scud them in the quarters. (I fully expect this example to age terribly)

Beatiful scenery to me is a tidy bird with her tits mostly out and a skirt barely covering her arse.
If you find that boring then you need to question yourself

Well that’s not for a second what he was calling boring?