Unpopular opinions.

39 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

What about National Service, eh, answer me that?

Well if you do it in the NAAFI I'd imagine that 'serving' probably is a fairly apt description for it.

From what I know of my grandfather's NS, he appears to have spent most of it thieving M.O.D. property.

On 06/12/2022 at 07:15, Bert Raccoon said:

When your local starts charging you a tenner to get in because it's Hogmanay and they've stuck some sausage rolls on, you know games a bogey 

Aye…

I reckon you either need to get yourself a new local or instead maybe start frequenting said local on a far more regular basis. You choose…?

5 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I was going to stick this in the appropriate thread but it might be an unpopular opinion;

Accepting an Honour such as a K or an OBE is a calling card of a moron 

Absolutely agree. I lose respect for anyone who accepts one.

5 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I was going to stick this in the appropriate thread but it might be an unpopular opinion;

Might be unpopular, but I’ll disagree with such a broad brush. Marcus Rashford is far from a moron, and I suspect his MBE enhanced his ability to speak out on important matters he cares about.

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I liked the boy from The Cure when he had his say on it. The long and short of it was "what the f**k do they know about music to bestow their honour on it?"

10 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Absolutely agree. I lose respect for anyone who accepts one.

4 hours ago, TxRover said:

Might be unpopular, but I’ll disagree with such a broad brush. Marcus Rashford is far from a moron, and I suspect his MBE enhanced his ability to speak out on important matters he cares about.

I don't blame Rashford for accepting one, however I think it might have made a greater impact had he said something like "I can't in all good conscience accept this from a system which enables the enormous wealth of one family to be prioritised over all others, many of whom are struggling to feed their kids and heat their homes" or something. 

Easy of course for us to say, we aren't going to have to deal with the thousands of abusive and racist Twitter messages and probably threats he'd receive up and down a country which gave him plenty of that for missing a fucking penalty. 

5 hours ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

I don't blame Rashford for accepting one, however I think it might have made a greater impact had he said something like "I can't in all good conscience accept this from a system which enables the enormous wealth of one family to be prioritised over all others, many of whom are struggling to feed their kids and heat their homes" or something. 

Easy of course for us to say, we aren't going to have to deal with the thousands of abusive and racist Twitter messages and probably threats he'd receive up and down a country which gave him plenty of that for missing a fucking penalty. 

That’s actually a well thought out and reasoned answer with a very good point…what the hell are you doing on P&B?!

9 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Happened at Leeds Festival one year I was there and it exploded and hit some poor lad in the cock

Not often you can say this, but being hit in the cock seems like the least of the concerns in that scenario, somewhere behind "having your internal organs liquified" and "being snapped in half".