Unpopular opinions.

Drag queens/drag queen acts are very boring.*

You can live a happy/content/fine life not eating meat and/or not drinking. The number of gurning fools who say it must be miserable is pretty astonishing**

* Agreed. What people find entertaining/funny is subjective of course but for me I find nothing amusing about drag queens. I don't get it tbh.

** Nowadays you can certainly. But meat is class and is the reason I choose to eat it.

42 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

* Agreed. What people find entertaining/funny is subjective of course but for me I find nothing amusing about drag queens. I don't get it tbh.

** Nowadays you can certainly. But meat is class and is the reason I choose to eat it.

Why is it allowed? Is it the same as blackface? Impersonation of something you are not?

Writing 'RIP' and things like 'thoughts are with you and your family' for folk you don't know or don't interact with is meaningless pish that verges on performative for some, although for many it's simply because they think it's the 'done thing' or don't know what to say.

41 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Writing 'RIP' and things like 'thoughts are with you and your family' for folk you don't know or don't interact with is meaningless pish that verges on performative for some, although for many it's simply because they think it's the 'done thing' or don't know what to say.

Reading RIP always grinds my gears. It's such a horrible term which is only ever seen on cartoon headstones. It almost feels like the shortest way to comment.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Going 'Scotsman' when wearing a kilt is a load of bullshit.

It's absolutely fine to wear underwear when wearing a kilt. In fact, it's better.

Aye, it was an outfit invented for a fat German. Any gatekeeping can gtf.

47 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Going 'Scotsman' when wearing a kilt is a load of bullshit.

It's absolutely fine to wear underwear when wearing a kilt. In fact, it's better.

But if you do a handstand when going "Scotsman" you can say "How's that for a tripod?"