Unpopular opinions.

5 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Fun fact, Minder's Dennis Waterman's second wife is step 3 on my seven degrees of separation to get to a bunch of famous people.

Trump is 5, which is my claim to fame.

This sounds like Mormon talk

The current iteration of the original, fantastic band Big Country are more or less a karaoke tribute act.  No Sir Stuart or Tony Butler and only Bruce Watson and Mark Brzezicki from the original line up.  The other individuals within the current formation are, themselves, fine musicians, but to trade as BC is stretching things.  They play mainly the anthemic songs where the crowd do the singing, and so can get away with replicating the musical sound.

Have seen the original band in the 80s/90s many times and the "new" band about 4 or 5 times. I actually left the Glen Pavilion New Year gig a couple (?) of years ago as the "home" gig was indeed no more than a pub karaoke show.

Edited by hearthammer

52 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Fun fact, Minder's Dennis Waterman's second wife is step 3 on my seven degrees of separation to get to a bunch of famous people.

Trump is 5, which is my claim to fame.

I watched an old episode of Minder recently, first time since it used to be on back in the day and it was surprisingly still funny at times

1 minute ago, BigDoddyKane said:

I watched an old episode of Minder recently, first time since it used to be on back in the day and it was surprisingly still funny at times

I think it was the first episode which was about an armed siege at a laundrette, wouldn't air today due to the racist language.

9 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I think it was the first episode which was about an armed siege at a laundrette, wouldn't air today due to the racist language.

ITV4 showed that episode a few months ago with all the racist language cut out.

As much as I'm against people ruining communities by buying out properties to turn into holiday homes and pricing out those on average wages or lower, people who grow up in desirable areas don't have the god forsaken right to live there as an adult.

As much as I'm against people ruining communities by buying out properties to turn into holiday homes and pricing out those on average wages or lower, people who grow up in desirable areas don't have the god forsaken right to live there as an adult.
I don't think they should have the right but councils really need to make it easier for people who live in certain places to have that option. A big reason many of Scotland's tourist hotspots are critically low on staff is because they have the option of staying with their parents until the house is passed onto them or moving to a city where they can share a flat with their pals.

The demographics aren't great in these places and there are more people leaving the workforce and remaining in their accommodation than there are school leavers. Anyone who's travelled the NC500 recently can tell you how broken the Highlands are and it's not looking like it was a covid blip which will rebalance in a few months.

A quick search online shows that the nearest place available to rent from Aviemore is in Inverness. None of the houses in the area to buy would be affordable for a young couple working in 90%+ of the jobs there.

I agree it shouldn't be a right, but it should at least be an option for one or two people.

20 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

As much as I'm against people ruining communities by buying out properties to turn into holiday homes and pricing out those on average wages or lower, people who grow up in desirable areas don't have the god given right to live there as an adult.

FTFY.

It's a ptttgomn but God forsaken means that God has abandoned or given up. I blame Jason Mraz for this mix up.

39 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

I had Greek yoghurt with stewed rhubarb for dessert last night.

Two crimes in one dish ?

Not necessarily, but what to do next time is place sticks of rhubarb (about 3 inches long) on a baking tray, drizzle with honey and bake it for about 10 minutes or until soft and bubbly (but holding their shape).

Hae that with yoghurt and you're laughing.