Unpopular opinions.

12 minutes ago, Ervin H Burrell said:

Once Upon a Time in America is better than The Godfather and Goodfellas.

I found it a bit dull and tedious. Wasn't there some dispute and the studio cut out half the original movie? Nothing says quality like editing a movie without the director's consent.

26 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I've never got to the end of Godfather III before falling asleep.

That film is shite, but sadly that isn't an unpopular opinion.

39 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I found it a bit dull and tedious. Wasn't there some dispute and the studio cut out half the original movie? Nothing says quality like editing a movie without the director's consent.

It was only the American cinematic release that was cut and edited.

Sergio Leone's last film. A work of art.

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, coprolite said:
I liked The Godfather but it's never as good as Goodfellas. 
My unpopular opinion is that the first film is better than part 2, which is a bit too grandiose. 

It insists upon itself.

They're speaking the language of subtlety, something you don't understand

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Watched it twice and not getting the hype. Will go back again and see if that helps. I really liked the second one though but neither of them come close to Goodfellas.

If you've seen it twice already, I wouldn't bother. Just because something's generally considered to be quality doesn't necessarily mean you personally will ever appreciate it.

I've seen Deep Throat twice and, impressive technique aside, it's a terrible film IMO.

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

I liked The Godfather but it's never as good as Goodfellas. 

My unpopular opinion is that the first film is better than part 2, which is a bit too grandiose. 

The second film would've been greatly improved if the Frank Pentangeli character had been Clemenza, as originally planned. Add in the Brando cameo at the end and it would've been up there with the original, I think.

Interesting that Martin Scorsese was originally tapped to direct Godfather II. Would've had a very different feel to it, I think.

20 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Aye of course but Mafia stuff heavy relies on the tropes a bit much. It would be cool to see a modern mafia film or some satirical more self aware realistic things on the go. 

There's not much in the way of organised crime on the telly recently, except for Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, The Sopranos, The Wire...

27 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Aye of course but Mafia stuff heavy relies on the tropes a bit much. It would be cool to see a modern mafia film or some satirical more self aware realistic things on the go. 

I see you've still not watched the Sopranos yet.

39 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

There's not much in the way of organised crime on the telly recently, except for Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, The Sopranos, The Wire...

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2022/jun/07/we-own-this-city-review-like-the-wire-but-about-real-corrupt-cops-what-a-horror-show