Unpopular opinions.

It's a promotional job as part of their public service remit. There's plenty other channels that cover stuff based on popularity. 
Although i do get annoyed by the bbc website reporting on US sports because they think we're part of US culture. Somecunt i never heard of retired from rounders was breaking news last month. Then some other c**t got a lot of points at rugby with pads. Fuuck off bbc
Rugby with pads? Don't say you mean (the in no way like rugby) American Football?

15 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
49 minutes ago, coprolite said:
It's a promotional job as part of their public service remit. There's plenty other channels that cover stuff based on popularity. 
Although i do get annoyed by the bbc website reporting on US sports because they think we're part of US culture. Somecunt i never heard of retired from rounders was breaking news last month. Then some other c**t got a lot of points at rugby with pads. Fuuck off bbc

Rugby with pads? Don't say you mean (the in no way like rugby) American Football?

There’s definitely some parallels tbf

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:
3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:
There’s definitely some parallels tbf

Same shape ball?

Same shape ball, objective to touch down said ball in an end zone, kicky action through same shaped goals. 

Both really dull? 

Same shape ball, objective to touch down said ball in an end zone, kicky action through same shaped goals. 
Both really dull? 

The ball doesn't need to be touched down in AF, they just need to get to that area. Regardless, using that as a similarity is surely like saying football is similar to Ice Hockey/Hockey/Lacrosse? See also the kicking through shaped goals.

Dull is subjective. I was of a similar view to AF until I got to know the rules tbh. And shared similar views that it was rugby with pads but it's in no way the same.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

The ball doesn't need to be touched down in AF, they just need to get to that area. Using that as a similarity regardless though is surely like saying football is similar to Ice Hockey/Hockey/Lacrosse? See also the kicking through shaped goals.

Dull is subjective. I was of a similar view to AF until I got to know the rules tbh. And shared similar views that it was rugby with pads but it's in no way the same.

I just said there were parallels. Hockey definitely has a parallel with football in that the objective is to get it in a similar shaped goal. 

You don’t need to explain AF to me, my wifi is being a pain in the arse and stopping me working so I’m just being a dick. 

34 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, coprolite said:

It's rugby 

4 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Both really dull? 

Deeply tedious hardcore fans and somehow even more irritating casual hangers-on who only pop up when there's a big event

1 hour ago, Empty It said:
3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
Baseball and snooker players both hit balls with a stick. It doesn't make them similar sports.

Practically the same and don't get me started on darts and javelin.

Javelin would be much more entertaining if it was played by drunk people in pubs

7 hours ago, thistledo said:

I have absolutely zero interest in women's football. It's hard enough getting enthusiastic about Partick Thistle.

Definitely feels like it's being pushed too hard. 

To be fair your women's team are just as capable of losing dull matches to poor opposition as the men's team are

Hibernian Women secured all three points in a 1-0 victory over Partick Thistle at Easter Road