Unpopular opinions.

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I always said if I won the lottery I'd live in a castle like Mr Burns and if any of my former acquaintances came round it would be "Smithers- Release the hounds..." 

If you want to borrow a hound just let me know. He’s a fiercely loyal lad. 

I watched one episode of sons of anarchy and that was enough for me. 

Peaky blinders is quite a mixed bag. I enjoy it but it’s often very much style over substance. Some of the series plots are just bad compensated for by their slow motion walking and smoking scenes. 

Some of it is fantastic though. 

On 18/03/2022 at 07:35, Dons_1988 said:

Peaky blinders is quite a mixed bag. I enjoy it but it’s often very much style over substance. Some of the series plots are just bad compensated for by their slow motion walking and smoking scenes. 

Some of it is fantastic though. 

Trying to give the new series a chance but episode after episode has been an absolute bore, think I've nodded off twice already at tonight latest installment.

Edited by Welly boy

Managers being c***s to interviewers isn't "class [emoji23][emoji122]", it's just acting like a knob. 
In general I agree. But I do have sympathy for folk involved in football if they are being interviewed by shite reporters. The one at QoS is utter shit (Sandra Brown?) with the same shitty questions every week - "Wullie, a defeat today, you must be disappointed?": *Insert Nicolas Cage meme here*

It must be frustrating having to answer such stupid questions professionally.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

In general I agree. But I do have sympathy for folk involved in football if they are being interviewed by shite reporters. The one at QoS is utter shit (Sandra Brown?) with the same shitty questions every week - "Wullie, a defeat today, you must be disappointed?": *Insert Nicolas Cage meme here*

It must be frustrating having to answer such stupid questions professionally.

He could always try winning games 🤷

Unpopular opinion about that clip: Walter Smith comes across as a tosser in it, despite Chick Young's awkward and poor phrasing of the question.
Aye, probably found it hilarious when I was younger. It's not for me though that sort of patter. Young would have been well within his rights to tell him to shove it up his arse, but as he was there to do his job, didn't do so.

Pretty much classic bullying.

14 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Unpopular opinion about that clip: Walter Smith comes across as a tosser in it, despite Chick Young's awkward and poor phrasing of the question.

You mean "Why did you throw all that money away on Brian Laudrup, he's shite."?

On 22/03/2022 at 09:57, Bairnardo said:

Aye, probably found it hilarious when I was younger. It's not for me though that sort of patter. Young would have been well within his rights to tell him to shove it up his arse, but as he was there to do his job, didn't do so.

Pretty much classic bullying.

Meh, the two would've been on friendly terms for much of their respective careers. It was a stupid question and Chic Young deserves any earful coming his way. Not having bullying chat there. 

The BBC Sports news on the radio reporting on womens fitba straight after the mens. Totally confusing when they talk about the Champions league etc.

If it were purely based on popularity of said sports there would be an angling section, snooker, darts, shinty, knitting and basket weaving before the SWPFL

Spoiler

I know this sounds totally 1970s sexist, but I just think the interested audience in womens football is massively outweighed by the BBCs concern to be seen as showing a level playing field

18 hours ago, Leith Green said:

The BBC Sports news on the radio reporting on womens fitba straight after the mens. Totally confusing when they talk about the Champions league etc.

If it were purely based on popularity of said sports there would be an angling section, snooker, darts, shinty, knitting and basket weaving before the SWPFL

Hide contents

I know this sounds totally 1970s sexist, but I just think the interested audience in womens football is massively outweighed by the BBCs concern to be seen as showing a level playing field

It's a promotional job as part of their public service remit. There's plenty other channels that cover stuff based on popularity. 

Although i do get annoyed by the bbc website reporting on US sports because they think we're part of US culture. Somecunt i never heard of retired from rounders was breaking news last month. Then some other c**t got a lot of points at rugby with pads. Fuuck off bbc