Unpopular opinions.

3 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:
3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:
Hmm. I can demolish a loaf in no time. Give me a jar of top notch marmalade or humous and a sourdough and that will keep me out of trouble for a good ten minutes or so. 

Or toasted cheese on it with a bottle of Worcester sauce to add liberally. 

Some sourdoughs are not great but a good one is a food of the gods (and decorators).

I'm not saying it's not tasty, I'm saying that you can make just as good a loaf the standard way. Making it sourdough is just a way of tacking 10-20% on the price as a hipster tax.

The day I waste 5 minutes of my life learning about how different types of bread is made is the day I’ll be packed off to a Swisss clinic. 

Hmm. I can demolish a loaf in no time. Give me a jar of top notch marmalade or humous and a sourdough and that will keep me out of trouble for a good ten minutes or so. 

Some sourdoughs are not great but a good one is a food of the gods (and decorators).
This might be a mention of Avocado away from the most middle class thing iv ever read.

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

This might be a mention of Avocado away from the most middle class thing iv ever read.

I had avocado and pancetta on rye in my favourite deli this morning. 

ETA.. washed down with an Earl Grey and an espresso

Edited by Shandon Par

5 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Sourdough is overpriced and overrated.

Depends if it is real sourdough or the fake shite supermarkets churn out.

Good bread is fantastic (doesnt have to be sourdough to be good) and if I am walking past one of the local places that bakes their own, I am happy to spend a wee bit more.

Most street furniture is a complete waste of time and spoils the aesthetics of a good street. 
Even trees. 
No, objectively speaking, the ugliest thing on view in any street is the unsightly grey concrete that wanks like you have poured all over the place.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
19 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:
Most street furniture is a complete waste of time and spoils the aesthetics of a good street. 
Even trees. 

No, objectively speaking, the ugliest thing on view in any street is the unsightly grey concrete that wanks like you have poured all over the place.

Human civilisation would die out if it weren't for concrete.

So put that in your pipe and smoke it.