Unpopular opinions.

12 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:
13 hours ago, tamthebam said:
Did they drive Tiganas in Tirana and Skodas in Shkoder?

Mainly whatever's been stolen in Switzerland, so lots of Mercedes. Get the odd Bentley or Jaguar around Lazarat. David Beckham's BMW was stolen by an Albanian gang.

I read a story about these Albanian car gangs.  They would chap a door in southern Germany and tell the owner to leave his car keys out and the door open that night so they could collect them.  If not, they steal the car anyway and kill his family.  Outstanding business model.

16 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Anyone seen that documentary of that fat old wife beating "SAS" guy and his band of trained alkies who got a contract to kill Pablo? Can't remember if it was BBC Scotland or STV, but trained killers my arse.

I watched that.  To be fair, they had murdered people all over the shop. 11 of them getting dropped in the jungle against what they thought were 80 drug cartel guards;  balls of steel to even think about it. 

16 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

On the radio this morning - Clydebank to play their first senior game in 20-odd years tonight.   Senior football is the SPFL top four divisions.  The rest is non-league.

No, this is wrong. Every single division in the pyramid is a senior league. The West of Scotland League is senior non-league.

12 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

I read a story about these Albanian car gangs.  They would chap a door in southern Germany and tell the owner to leave his car keys out and the door open that night so they could collect them.  If not, they steal the car anyway and kill his family.  Outstanding business model.

A friend in Epsom had a knackered old BMW Series 1 that he was shifting. A couple of Eastern European lads came round to view it. He had put it up for sale at about a grand, they offered him about £300, he declined. Woke up the next morning and it had been nicked. A camera across the road had managed to record it, and it was indeed the same blokes. He went to the police about it, gave them the number but it was a burner phone. They said it would have already been out the country and to claim on insurance. 

17 hours ago, throbber said:

Horns should be removed from all cars. No need for them at all and they cause more harm than good.

I disagree. Dozy c***s that sit in filter lanes checking their whatsapp messages instead of paying attention for the filter lane coming on need beeped. The fact I need to do this every day to get the traffic moving perhaps skews me view on this though. 

3 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

On the radio this morning - Clydebank to play their first senior game in 20-odd years tonight.   Senior football is the SPFL top four divisions.  The rest is non-league.

Many moons ago my brother was a trialist in a reserve game away to Clydebank. I remember going to Kilbowie (today has been all about reminiscing over stadiums for me). Wooden benches throughout. Dad told me it was the first all-seater stadium in the country. 

I might be mixing my games up but I think he got injured and carried off during that game. 

3 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Craigkillie is right - senior football is the SPFL, LL, HL, EoS, WoS, SoS, Midland League and NCL.

Non-league is senior football below the SPFL and the remaining Juniors - the NRSJFA. You could argue that the NRSJFA is senior because it's now in the pyramid but that's debatable.

However, Clydebank played games in the West of Scotland Premier League last season before it was abandoned so the radio was wrong anyway.

Car alarms are pointless. If one goes off nearby, is your first instinct:

1. "Oh my god someone's cat might be getting pinched, I'd better look out the window as I may have to call the Police"; or

2. "f**k off with that thing, I'm watching the fitba. In fact is it mine? I don't even know if my car has an alarm. f**k it, can't be arsed getting up"

2 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

1. "Oh my god someone's cat might be getting pinched, I'd better look out the window as I may have to call the Police"; or

2. "f**k off with that thing, I'm watching the fitba. In fact is it mine? I don't even know if my car has an alarm. f**k it, can't be arsed getting up"

That must be some collar the cat has.

7 hours ago, craigkillie said:

No, this is wrong. Every single division in the pyramid is a senior league. The West of Scotland League is senior non-league.

If you're a bearded, anorak-wearing, ground-hopping sadact, sure. Any league outside of the SPFL is 'non league', in the same way that any team outside the English 92 are 'non-league'. And in Scotland they're not even playing in a nationwide league. Here is the correct system:

Big league (senior)

Diddy league (senior)

Seaside leagues (x2) (senior)

Non-league (everything else; not senior)

Edited by vikingTON

3 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

I'd go further and have anyone who allows their car alarm go off more than once be beaten with truncheons in the nearest public space.  

18 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I disagree. Dozy c***s that sit in filter lanes checking their whatsapp messages instead of paying attention for the filter lane coming on need beeped. The fact I need to do this every day to get the traffic moving perhaps skews me view on this though. 

If people are using their phones so blatantly o while they’re driving that is a far more serious matter. That said they still aren’t 100% paying attention so you going up and blasting the horn at them is going to make them panic and be more likely to crash so it’s not really the safest way of reacting to the situation. There’s also going to be dozens of people within earshot shot who are going o hear the horn and wonder if you are beeping at them which is also annoying as f**k.

On 20/07/2021 at 21:58, dave258 said:

I think your issue here is with people using the horn incorrectly rather than the horn itself.

Yeah maybe - but it only takes a few arseholes to ruin it for everyone else like a lot of things in life!

1 hour ago, throbber said:

If people are using their phones so blatantly o while they’re driving that is a far more serious matter. That said they still aren’t 100% paying attention so you going up and blasting the horn at them is going to make them panic and be more likely to crash so it’s not really the safest way of reacting to the situation. There’s also going to be dozens of people within earshot shot who are going o hear the horn and wonder if you are beeping at them which is also annoying as f**k.

Namby pamby pish.