Unpopular opinions.

45 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Anyone seen that documentary of that fat old wife beating "SAS" guy and his band of trained alkies who got a contract to kill Pablo? Can't remember if it was BBC Scotland or STV, but trained killers my arse.

That was repeated on BBC last night I think

Also if you hear horns too often you probably drive like a cock
Or live somewhere full of cocks.

It boiled my piss being woken up by taxi drivers beeping their horns seconds after arriving at someone's house.

Tirana was full of arseholes beeping their horns, but it does house some of the worst folk in the country. Shkodër on the other hand is probably the most relaxing city to drive in Europe.

22 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

What harm do they cause? 

People sounding the horn will cause cautious drivers to make mistakes. Also if someone sounds the horn and there are 10 + cars within earshot then everyone in every car will wonder if the horn is being beeped at them. Was at a roundabout earlier and a hesitant driver who didn’t know where they were going was being badgered by an impatient horn blaster and it all seemed very wrong to me. I highly doubt many accidents are prevented through horn blasting.

It wouldn't surprise me if a car horn hasn't caused at least one startled child to drop their ice cream on a hot summer's day.

There are worse things in the world, but not many.

I've mentioned it before but there's a guy in my street that gets picked up bang on 6.20am every day and the w****r picking him up feels the need to repeatedly toot his horn to announce his arrival. Saves me having to check what time it is when I'm still half asleep but that's not the point 

Edited by Bert Raccoon

2 hours ago, throbber said:

Horns should be removed from all cars. No need for them at all and they cause more harm than good.

I done away with mine a few months ago. It started going off on it's own, so I took the fuse out. I keep the window down and shout at people now.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

2 hours ago, throbber said:

Horns should be removed from all cars. No need for them at all and they cause more harm than good.

There should be options - a nice pleasant beep to, for instance, when you're stopped at a junction to let a pedestrian cross in front of you; an angry one for the usual stupid drivers; and of course a warning one like a foghorn to alert everybody when an Audi or BMW driver's close by.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

People sounding the horn will cause cautious drivers to make mistakes. Also if someone sounds the horn and there are 10 + cars within earshot then everyone in every car will wonder if the horn is being beeped at them. Was at a roundabout earlier and a hesitant driver who didn’t know where they were going was being badgered by an impatient horn blaster and it all seemed very wrong to me. I highly doubt many accidents are prevented through horn blasting.

I think your issue here is with people using the horn incorrectly rather than the horn itself.

6 minutes ago, Empty It said:

I toyed with the idea of fitting an HGV horn to my car to show maximum anger.

My old man told me a tale of a teacher at Letham School, Forfar, in the 1970s who drove a VW Beetle. He would toot at the kids to move out of the way and they just laughed at the pathetic horn the Beetle had.

So he went down to the scrap yard to get a new horn and the scrappy said he had the very thing- the horn off a Humber tourer.

Next time he sees the kids in his way driving into the school he sounds the new horn, BLAAART, and cue lots of kids shiteing themselves. 

2 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Or live somewhere full of cocks.

It boiled my piss being woken up by taxi drivers beeping their horns seconds after arriving at someone's house.

Tirana was full of arseholes beeping their horns, but it does house some of the worst folk in the country. Shkodër on the other hand is probably the most relaxing city to drive in Europe.

Did they drive Tiganas in Tirana and Skodas in Shkoder?

My old man told me a tale of a teacher at Letham School, Forfar, in the 1970s who drove a VW Beetle. He would toot at the kids to move out of the way and they just laughed at the pathetic horn the Beetle had.
So he went down to the scrap yard to get a new horn and the scrappy said he had the very thing- the horn off a Humber tourer.
Next time he sees the kids in his way driving into the school he sounds the new horn, BLAAART, and cue lots of kids shiteing themselves. 
This is what I feel I'm missing in my life.

7 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:
8 hours ago, tamthebam said:
Did they drive Tiganas in Tirana and Skodas in Shkoder?

Mainly whatever's been stolen in Switzerland, so lots of Mercedes. Get the odd Bentley or Jaguar around Lazarat. David Beckham's BMW was stolen by an Albanian gang.

How many are needed to steal a car?

10 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I done away with mine a few months ago. It started going off on it's own, so I took the fuse out. I keep the window down and shout at people now.

Can you not get the fella with the red flag to carry a bell?

9 hours ago, Empty It said:

I toyed with the idea of fitting an HGV horn to my car to show maximum anger.

Back in the '70s, Mr WRK Senior fitted a horn to his Merc which sounded like a giant bull was on the rampage. Fair shook the windaes when he fired it up.