Unpopular opinions.

On 25/05/2021 at 21:54, DA Baracus said:

This shouldn't be unpopular, but I fear that it may be:

Rhubarb pie > Rhubarb crumble > Apple crumble > Apple pie

Of course all should be served with custard.

This is literally the first time i've heard of rhubarb pie.

It sounds shite. The crumble's ok though. 

The best sweet pastry is a bakewell tart, also with custard. If i could only ever eat one thing again it would be frangipane. 

16 minutes ago, coprolite said:

This is literally the first time i've heard of rhubarb pie.

It sounds shite. The crumble's ok though. 

The best sweet pastry is a bakewell tart, also with custard. If i could only ever eat one thing again it would be frangipane. 

Really? They sell it (rhubarb pie) in all the major supermarkets.

36 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Really? They sell it (rhubarb pie) in all the major supermarkets.

I never buy dessert to eat at home and only have one occasionally when out. So i wouldn't have been in the sweet pie section and it's not on the menu in high class eateries*. 

*includes Toby, Pizza Hut, kfc against my better judgement. 

I remember the chemistry teacher showing us an experiment. He put a candle in a custard powder tin which had a puffer attached to the side which was filled with a little bit of custard powder. 

The puffer blew the custard powder into the tin and the powder was ignited by the candle with the explosion blowing off the lid of the tin.

It was to demonstrate the danger of dust igniting in workplaces or something. I'll bet chemistry classes are boringly safe now and you can't even light the gas taps with a lighter when the teacher goes for a fag break.

5 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

Heinz Baked Beans are really bland and nearly indistinguishable from supermarket versions. The best baked beans are Branstons.

I thought this was the generally accepted view on P&B, although I appreciate it may still be unpopular on the outside

13 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

Heinz Baked Beans are really bland and nearly indistinguishable from supermarket versions. The best baked beans are Branstons.

I wouldn't say bland so much as sweetened to the point of being disgusting. Definitely favoured by the sort of wrong 'uns who eat tomato ketchup. 

15 hours ago, sparky88 said:

<insert usual plug for non-Heinz American baked beans>

A1GxHO1pMXL._AC_SX522_.jpg

32 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Looks like a lone Frazzle stuck in there

Couldn't care less if it's a pig's penis. They're magnificent.

Inspired by Old Firm Facts podcast, I tried brown sauce instead of ketchup on my roll and sausage (not roll in sausage, or roll on, or anything else that doesn't make sense). 

My unpopular opinion - either sauce is acceptable. Not both, obviously. 

48 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Grateful Dead are pish.

Despite knowing about the successful American band The Grateful Dead since I was a tot, I don't think I've ever actually heard anything by them.

Are we sure that they actually release music, or are their fans so stoned that they imagine it?