Unpopular opinions.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

I watched that Hotel Cecil thing that was mentioned on here a few weeeks ago. Some of those web sleuths are complete arseholes.  One of them got his mate to go to the grave and film himself touching the headstone, what an utter danger. 

I watched that the other week and the first two episodes were quite good but then I quickly got irritated by it.  One guy disputed that she'd gotten in the tank voluntarily saying words to the effect of getting into the tank at gun point wouldn't be voluntary.  No-one was suggesting that ever happened - it was a scenario he'd completely invented with no evidence.  Also a whole load of stuff about coincidences like some Korean film which really had nothing to do with it other than a similar storyline.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Biscoff is rank

Congrats on a thoroughly unpopular opinion. Biscoff ice cream is the absolute tits.

Mine is that there are too many dogs. Was out playing football and in the hour we were there we saw no fewer than 35 dogs. Some people have multiple dogs. You can see the environmental impact with bits of chewed tennis balls littering the pitches. I love a dog, but there are,quite frankly, too many.

I tried Haagen-Dazs ice-cream when it first got popular here back in the Nineties and thought it was rank. Everyone seemed to think it was the tits at the time.

Has it improved since? Do people still buy it?

1 hour ago, velo army said:

Congrats on a thoroughly unpopular opinion. Biscoff ice cream is the absolute tits.

Mine is that there are too many dogs. Was out playing football and in the hour we were there we saw no fewer than 35 dogs. Some people have multiple dogs. You can see the environmental impact with bits of chewed tennis balls littering the pitches. I love a dog, but there are,quite frankly, too many.

Humans cause a little more environmental damage than dogs.

Too many humans, not enough dogs imo.

22 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I tried Haagen-Dazs ice-cream when it first got popular here back in the Nineties and thought it was rank. Everyone seemed to think it was the tits at the time.

Has it improved since? Do people still buy it?

I think people see how pricey it is and assume it's a superior quality. 

I'm not so sure. It's alright but is it worth the jump in price from other brands? Nope. 

However, I'm a huge fan of Ben and Jerry's Ice creams. Cookie Dough is quality. 

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:

I think people see how pricey it is and assume it's a superior quality. 

I'm not so sure. It's alright but is it worth the jump in price from other brands? Nope. 

However, I'm a huge fan of Ben and Jerry's Ice creams. Cookie Dough is quality. 

Yeah, generally thought they're pretty good.

Not very in-keeping with the thread, though, so I'll posit that their Cookie Dough tastes like hate and suffering.

4 hours ago, Pato said:

Keeping a medium sized dog causes annual CO2 emissions analogous to driving about in a 4x4.

How much farting do cats do? Are they the equivalent of a Fiat 500?

Does seeing the Smudger heading towards you cause CO2 emissions equivalent to a clapped out Strathtay bus?

How much farting do cats do? Are they the equivalent of a Fiat 500?
Does seeing the Smudger heading towards you cause CO2 emissions equivalent to a clapped out Strathtay bus?
What about an average sized wife? Should I perhaps trade her in for something more economical? I'm a bit afraid to get a hybrid wife!

6 minutes ago, Pato said:

About the size of a VW golf if memory serves.

It's not the dog and cat farts so much as all the cow and sheep farts in their food.

You reminded me of this now:

What's invisible and smells of carrots?

Bunny farts

15 hours ago, Pato said:

Keeping a medium sized dog causes annual CO2 emissions analogous to driving about in a 4x4.

But does it chuck all its litter in the sea? Or does it bury all its rubbish in landfill? They don't take planes that much either to go on holiday. 

And how much CO2 does an individual cow produce for us lot to eat?

Dogs are fine. Humans can get in the bin.

On 06/03/2021 at 23:43, Highland Capital said:

I watched that the other week and the first two episodes were quite good but then I quickly got irritated by it.  One guy disputed that she'd gotten in the tank voluntarily saying words to the effect of getting into the tank at gun point wouldn't be voluntary.  No-one was suggesting that ever happened - it was a scenario he'd completely invented with no evidence.  Also a whole load of stuff about coincidences like some Korean film which really had nothing to do with it other than a similar storyline.

That entire documentary was a total waste of time and the worst thing I’ve ever seen on Netflix. I’m not entirely sure the people releasing it had a clue what they were doing, surely the reveal that the water tank was in fact discovered as open should have meant the entire documentary shouldn’t have been made in the first place? There was no mystery whatsoever just a total freak show of online detectives that no one with any sense could ever take seriously.

3 minutes ago, throbber said:

That entire documentary was a total waste of time and the worst thing I’ve ever seen on Netflix. I’m not entirely sure the people releasing it had a clue what they were doing, surely the reveal that the water tank was in fact discovered as open should have meant the entire documentary shouldn’t have been made in the first place? There was no mystery whatsoever just a total freak show of online detectives that no one with any sense could ever take seriously.

There were parts that were interesting - the stuff about the history of the hotel and the older guy talking about life on Skid Row for example.  The more it went on though it just became infuriating.  There was a moment where one of these online sleuths said that he didn't agree with the coroner...which was based on absolutely nothing.  It was a good example of people who've decided what kind of ending they want in advance and then making the evidence fit that ending.

Also, that weird guy who described the girl as being like his sister and getting someone to visit the grave needs sectioned.  

16 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

There were parts that were interesting - the stuff about the history of the hotel and the older guy talking about life on Skid Row for example.  The more it went on though it just became infuriating.  There was a moment where one of these online sleuths said that he didn't agree with the coroner...which was based on absolutely nothing.  It was a good example of people who've decided what kind of ending they want in advance and then making the evidence fit that ending.

Also, that weird guy who described the girl as being like his sister and getting someone to visit the grave needs sectioned.  

Maybe some of it was okay but it could have all fit into a one hour episode on a series specifically dedicated to online sleuth weirdos from America. 

There are lots of people like that from U.K. on twitter who spend their every waking moment discussing  the Madeleine McCann case but the Americans seems to he so much weirder with it all.

20 minutes ago, throbber said:

There are lots of people like that from U.K. on twitter who spend their every waking moment discussing  the Madeleine McCann case but the Americans seems to he so much weirder with it all.

There was a poster on here who had hundreds of posts almost solely in the Madeleine McCann thread.  They also only seem to reappear on this site when the story is back in the news.  Being interested in it as a news story is understandable but there seems to be people who've become absolutely obsessed with it.  Again almost all of them are those who've already decided what the outcome they want is and then make all the evidence fit that outcome.

Edited by Highland Capital