Unpopular opinions.

This story makes me feel like I'm turning into a fascist in my old age but that sense of entitlement, that it's all the fault of the emergency services annoys me. The concept of personal responsibility is lost on some folk. 

This. There has been a major decrease of personal responsibility in my lifetime, sometimes, shit happens because the person involved was irresponsible / made a mistake. But no no no, it's always somebody else's fault.

The last series of The Wire was absolutely shite thanks to the writers strike at the time. 

I only watched it due to an affinity with the characters. 

2 minutes ago, Mortar Bored said:

Throbber is by far and away the most amusing poster on P&B.
It's the mundaneness of his day to day life that cracks me up.
Might be my sense of humour, but his smoothie maker dilemma had me in stitches.

I've said before the throbber is p&b's Alan Bennett. He has a unique way of being concerned by the mundane and relaying it to the reader.

It's nice to see Throbber finally getting the love he deserves.

We'll miss him when he's finally murdered by the evil ghost lady and/or Bobby Skidmarks  :(

57 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Get. Out.

50 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Again, the beast ranking system needs revised to incorporate this depravity. That's almost as offensive as the use of 'roasted cheese'. 

49 minutes ago, Bully Di Villa said:

Further evidence, as if it were needed, that you're a wrong 'un.

dNVvntX.gif

3 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

It's nice to see Throbber finally getting the love he deserves.

We'll miss him when he's finally murdered by the evil ghost lady and/or Bobby Skidmarks  :(

Chip pan fire 4/5

Bobby S. 2/1

Food poisoning 3/1

Ghostly neighbour 4/1

20 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

That is horrific.  Eggs should be no where near anything tomatoey - especially not ketchup or baked beans.

Just penned a letter to Mexico, informing them that, as it turns out, huevos rancheros are not an acceptable foodstuff.
About to follow it up with a missive to Tunisia, instructing a cease and desist order on most of their baked eggs recipes, and will probably follow it up by advising Morocco that they can continue having tajine, but any recipes that include eggs and tomatoes are verboten.

I'll leave the French alone for the time being. They do often serve tomato salad with omelettes, but I feel they have enough to deal with right now.

Throbber is by far and away the most amusing poster on P&B.
It's the mundaneness of his day to day life that cracks me up.
Might be my sense of humour, but his smoothie maker dilemma had me in stitches.

throbbers a great poster. Haven't seen anyone slagging him that couldn't be accused of taking this place too seriously at points.

4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I've said before the throbber is p&b's Alan Bennett. He has a unique way of being concerned by the mundane and relaying it to the reader.

This has evolved from having got my foot on the property ladder, i have friends that i don't see very often and i would whats app them pictures of curtains i have just hung or a new kettle i have bought etc and the novelty of talking about this sort thing had eventually worn off but i still enjoyed doing it on here. I also used to have about a dozen friends who would engage me in conversation when i would inform them of what i was doing on a day to day basis and that is now down to about 3 or 4 so again i turn to P&B but i understand why people find it annoying as f**k but it makes me find it even funnier,thus making me a complete parody of myself.

I still have no idea about Alan Bennet so if you could enlighten me as to to what it is about him i remind you of via youtube link that would be just grand.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I dont see peoples teams as im pretty much always on the app on my phone.

In some ways it allows me to take people as they are without prejudice.

In other ways, f**k you Throbber.

I was always more into playing football and played to a good standard but eventually lost interest but i never really had a team, family members and friends had me pulled all over the place but at the tender age of 27 i started attending matches at easter road with them being my local team and having a few newly found friends and relatives of the GF who were also supporters. Tragically enough though i usually just go to games on my own as my friends have all moved on and my in laws don't get to the pub beforehand,, i am a very lonely person.