Unpopular opinions.

3 hours ago, throbber said:

I don’t mind away goals for 90 mins each way and if it’s tied and it favours the team who got the home leg second then it’s still fairer than away goals counting double in extra time IMO.

They don't count double.   For me, you either agree with the concept or not, regardless of it applying for 90 minutes or 120.  The home team retains the same perceived advantage for the extra 30 minutes  so the "balancing factor" of away goals should continue into the extra-time.  

Guest JTS98
10 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I'm a bit meh on the whole thing t.b.h. - away goals is as good as way as deciding as any IMO.   

Aren't all rules made-up technicalities?  Otherwise we'd still have 100+ a-side games kicking a severed head from one end of a field to another! 

And why not? PC gone mad, imo.

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Otherwise we'd still have 100+ a-side games kicking a severed head from one end of a field to another! 

1 hour ago, JTS98 said:

And why not? PC gone mad, imo.

Some of our seaside league games against Peterhead were pretty much that. 

They don't count double.   For me, you either agree with the concept or not, regardless of it applying for 90 minutes or 120.  The home team retains the same perceived advantage for the extra 30 minutes  so the "balancing factor" of away goals should continue into the extra-time.  

They do count double, if the away team scores in extra time then the home team needs to score twice or else they are out. A draw is no good to the home team in that scenario.

They do count double, if the away team scores in extra time then the home team needs to score twice or else they are out. A draw is no good to the home team in that scenario.

I’ve always thought of them counting for 1.5x a normal goal, if that helps.

1 hour ago, Blootoon87 said:
2 hours ago, L said:
Some of our seaside league games against Peterhead were pretty much that. 

That was only ONE game where we got three men sent off before half time! What about the rest of the games against Dunfermline where we only got one or two reds?

Andy Geggan is the nicest man on earth and even he got drawn in to trying to break Andy Rodgers in half. 

It could actually count as 1.00001 goals if you are going to play it like that. 

That’s fair. I just had an ex mrs who used to literally think you got 2 goals for scoring away from home so the term ‘they count for double’ was banned.

Calling cards of morons for that pish, I know.