Unpopular opinions.

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I agree to an extent but let's not pretend there isn't the other side of the coin.

The people who've never paid attention to Kobe Bryant now falling over themselves to remind you the man who tragically died settled a civil court rape case 16/17 years ago. It's ok to just go 'f**k, Kobe Bryant died' and then move on with your life.

You could apply that attitude to any aspect of life. It would make a bit of a boring forum if we couldn't discuss someone's life just because they've snuffed it. 

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I can't find it at the moment but I'm sure Kevin Bridges did a bit (mainly about Michael Jackson) on how famous you have to be before certain crimes are just forgotten.

The number of people who ignored that Theresa May actively protected Paedophiles by making reports disappear made me realise people only care if the crime is localised.

American football is the worst team spectator sport which exists in real life*

Can only assume that Scottish people who follow it are the reason that American candy shops with shite like lucky charms and Hersheys vomit chocolates exist on Scottish high streets.

*The sports in Harry Potter where everyone looks at a lake for an hour or nothing matters until the main character catches a ball are worse, tbf.

1 minute ago, The OP said:

Can only assume that Scottish people who follow it are the reason that American candy shops with shite like lucky charms and Hersheys vomit chocolates exist on Scottish high streets.

*The sports in Harry Potter where everyone looks at a lake for an hour or nothing matters until the main character catches a ball are worse, tbf.

Considering this is meant to be the greatest show on Earth and the biggest sporting event of the year I didn't know about it until about 9PM when I seen an advert.

I sense outside America not too many people give a f**k and anyone remotely close to us time zone wise isn't gonnae get out of bed to watch it.

It really isn't. American Football is rubbish viewing if you don't know what it's about. Once you know more about it it's a great sport to view.
Considering this is meant to be the greatest show on Earth and the biggest sporting event of the year I didn't know about it until about 9PM when I seen an advert.
I sense outside America not too many people give a f**k and anyone remotely close to us time zone wise isn't gonnae get out of bed to watch it.
Anyone who follows the NFL will know when the Super Bowl is. And as I said above, if you have no interest in the sport it's not a game you're going to enjoy by watching it on the off chance. There really isn't much need to advertise it.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It really isn't. American Football is rubbish viewing if you don't know what it's about. Once you know more about it it's a great sport to view. Anyone who follows the NFL will know when the Super Bowl is. And as I said above, if you have no interest in the sport it's not a game you're going to enjoy by watching it on the off chance. There really isn't much need to advertise it.

Hipster nonsense. It’s a dreadful, advert friendly, version of rugby and (plot twist) rugby is already dreadful.

Hipster nonsense. It’s a dreadful, advert friendly, version of rugby and (plot twist) rugby is already dreadful.
Yip that's the usual go to 'argument' with people who don't like the sport but don't understand it: it's like rugby. It's absolutely nothing like rugby other than the shape of the ball.

5 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
5 hours ago, The OP said:

Yip that's the usual go to 'argument' with people who don't like the sport but don't understand it: it's like rugby. It's absolutely nothing like rugby other than the shape of the ball.

...and only tools watch it.

6 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Anyone who follows the NFL will know when the Super Bowl is. And as I said above, if you have no interest in the sport it's not a game you're going to enjoy by watching it on the off chance. There really isn't much need to advertise it.

The sport I will least watch is Cricket.

When the Cricket world cup was on recently I knew it was about to start because I was flooded with adverts telling me it was on.

If the Superbowl is as massive as the lies they tell telling us it's the bestest most superest thing ever then I should really be aware it is about to happen don't you think?

If I had went to bed for an early night last night I wouldn't have been aware I'd missed the so called greatest show on Earth.

American football sucks the boaby and the Superbowl can go f**k itself

Edited by Gaz FFC

I saw some video of what was supposed to be the most incredible sporting play ever in American football and it seemed to be a guy throwing the ball and another one running a bit and catching it.

It also seems to be causing widespread brain damage to its players so yeah not that impressed.
Again, if you don't understand it that won't impress you.
The sport I will least watch is Cricket.
When the Cricket world cup was on recently I knew it was about to start because I was flooded with adverts telling me it was on.
If the Superbowl is as massive as the lies they tell telling us it's the bestest most superest thing ever then I should really be aware it is about to happen don't you think?
If I had went to bed for an early night last night I wouldn't have been aware I'd missed the so called greatest show on Earth.
American football sucks the boaby and the Superbowl can go f**k itself
But why do they need to advertise it to death? Anyone who has any interest in the sport will know about it. The ratings are massive so there really isn't any need to waste millions in advertising in the hope it'll get a few thousand more viewers in Britain, which is highly unlikely given the time it's on.

They do advertise the London games more but that's probably because it's on at a decent hour.