Unpopular opinions.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Really don't like the Lucozade water. That's horrific.

Smart water is where it's at in terms of bottled water.

I rate it too. Not convinced I could choose it in a blind tasting though, could be the bottle design having an effect.

9 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Ahhh, I get you, sorry thought you were being sarcastic and having a dig!

You do have quite a valid point for iron in the water from old pipes.

Still some lead pipes about no doubt,

What is the temperature differential?
I would also like to know this. Given that a fridge will be between 0 and 5 degrees I'd be amazed if a water cooler was a lot colder than that.
Maybe I need to fiddle with my fridge settings but I always think it tastes colder out a cooler.

9 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Maybe I need to fiddle with my fridge settings but I always think it tastes colder out a cooler.

Never fall for the electrical goods deal that you just can't turn down.

Edited by welshbairn

Still tastes like shite tho, unless its Highland. 

If you ever wonder who the person in the supermarket that actually buys the massive multipacks of bottled water, it's me. Spend a ridiculous amount of money on the stuff and don't even care. 

The hierarchy of water is thus: 

Highland tap water 

Any bottled water except Buxton water

Buxton water 

Central belt tap water

Raw sewage

London tap water 

You’ll probably find that many bottled water products are in fact just mains water which has been bottled.

Never had anyone testing the water coming from my taps was what I meant. Must be loads of houses with shitty old pipes.

The mains water supply is tested 365 days a year (legal requirement) and if you’ve not had anyone visit you personally to test the water, some of your neighbours or other folk nearby in your supply zone will have. In regards to the ‘shitty old pipes’, once the water crosses the boundary of your property, any issues stemming from the pipework becomes your responsibility.

17 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

You’ll probably find that many bottled water products are in fact just mains water which has been bottled.

Reminds me of (a) Limmy with the "wa'er, free wa'er, and it tastes... of f**k all" sketch, and (b) the Coca-Cola Dasani 'scandal':

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3523303.stm

"The company says Dasani is "as pure as bottled water gets" due to a "highly sophisticated purification process".

the source for its new Dasani bottled water is the mains supply at its factory in Kent.

In my grandparents house in Shetland they used to get peat in the water quite often. When I was running a bath it would frequently have quite a bit of peat in it. I was always told that it was good for you.

In my grandparents house in Shetland they used to get peat in the water quite often. When I was running a bath it would frequently have quite a bit of peat in it. I was always told that it was good for you.

There’s an arguable case that people who live in rural areas fed by springs or other private water supplies are actually healthier because they have a far stronger immune system than the rest of us who are used to the old cooncil juice.

IMG_20200115_204241.thumb.jpg.b48b38a3b3378639bfc80f5a6253f70e.jpg

PH8.8-9.4 for a healthier drink of water.

Yup, I’ve seen a case-study suggesting drinking slightly alkaline water has various benefits. Medically I think it’s still quite open to interpretation at the moment though.

6 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

There’s an arguable case that people who live in rural areas fed by springs or other private water supplies are actually healthier because they have a far stronger immune system than the rest of us who are used to the old cooncil juice.

The fluoride in tap water is better for teeth though.

8 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Yup, I’ve seen a case-study suggesting drinking slightly alkaline water has various benefits. Medically I think it’s still quite open to interpretation at the moment though.

I agree, there's many variables. But cancer cells don't like alkalines. 

11 minutes ago, sjc said:

I agree, there's many variables. But cancer cells don't like alkalines. 

Have you taken medical advise on it? This would suggest there's no proven link and it could be harmful.

Your body isn’t designed to drink alkaline water alone. If you drink too much, it can disrupt the acid production in your stomach. This can result in indigestion or stomach ulcers.

Other risks include vulnerability to bacterial overgrowth and other germs causing infection in your small intestine. Your body may also have difficulty digesting and absorbing nutrients.

https://www.healthline.com/health/cancer/alkaline-water-cancer