Unpopular opinions.

I’m not a fan of the whole ‘pigs in blankets’ thing at all, as others have also said. Taken individually, then those wee sausages, roasted in the oven, are fine and dandy. Crispy bacon, with brown sauce, on a nice roll or soft bread, and a mug of tea - top drawer.
Put the two things together - greasy pish, with rubbery bacon. Who wants that?

Mmm168fc228b82500f528b4dbf6209a4ff8.jpeg

14 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

I cannot be arsed with Turkish barbers. 

I'm fine with a tidy up and a chat about where I'm off to on my holidays. Or about the fitba if it's George Mathers in Lochee.

A tenner, keep the change, see you in six weeks...

Last time I went to a Turkish barber I ask for the wee peak I have at the front of my head (basically a scar from a toy car being wedged in my heid as a child) - he was tidying up my neck line and around my ears - and he just shaved it off. It looked fucking preposterous unless I went Gareth Gates 2005. 

They also spend an unordinary amount of time massaging your shoulders, ears and cracking your fingers. 

Recently went for a haircut in Raf's in Stobbie. £12. Very decent, little pish chat. 

I'm usually nearer £20 but the two boys I regularly use were fully booked for 7 and 9 days. 

PTTGOYN - Barbers you need to book appointments at. 

8 minutes ago, Dele said:

Last time I went to a Turkish barber I ask for the wee peak I have at the front of my head (basically a scar from a toy car being wedged in my heid as a child) - he was tidying up my neck line and around my ears - and he just shaved it off. It looked fucking preposterous unless I went Gareth Gates 2005. 

They also spend an unordinary amount of time massaging your shoulders, ears and cracking your fingers. 

Recently went for a haircut in Raf's in Stobbie. £12. Very decent, little pish chat. 

I'm usually nearer £20 but the two boys I regularly use were fully booked for 7 and 9 days. 

^^^

download.jpeg-1.jpg

4 hours ago, Dele said:

Barbers you can’t book an appointment at are my PTTGOYN. Who can be fucked sitting around waiting for ages? Far prefer having a designated time you can arrive at and just get it cut straight away. 

4 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Pizza shop pizza is usually shite and inferior to supermarket ones.

Ever tried the Gino D’acampo range from The Food Warehouse (Iceland)? Bloody good. Better than many pizzas I’ve been served in restaurants. Also tried his frozen food range - the Italian meatballs were the best I’ve tasted anywhere - and I love cooking and make a mean home-made meatball myself. I cook from fresh most nights, but we all need go-to stuff in the freezer for those nights you can’t be arsed, or are busy... I am generally wary of frozen pizza and stuff, but tried his branded stuff as we just got a new retail park here in Cumbernauld with a Food Warehouse. We had the meatballs served on pasta with a nice red wine and his cheesy garlic bread. Seriously impressed, tasted like restaurant quality food, and it’s made in Italy.

23 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

The best gravy you can get from a fast food outlet is the stuff you get from chinese takeaways. Chips and gravy from the chinese is mint and my local on doe a tray of noodles and roast duck blootered in gravy. Its fucking epic.

Do you mean the stuff that looks like tar with a mirror glaze?

If so, you are absolutely right.