Unpopular opinions.

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

I was out on Saturday night in a Scottish pub where the drunkest guy in the world insisted on buying me a pint of Tennents despite me telling him I don't like it and then proceeding to raise his pint as a toast to Fernando Ricksen every 30 fucking seconds and expecting me to clink glasses with him each time. That got pretty tedious very quickly. 

Celtic fan, I presume.

I was out on Saturday night in a Scottish pub where the drunkest guy in the world insisted on buying me a pint of Tennents despite me telling him I don't like it and then proceeding to raise his pint as a toast to Fernando Ricksen every 30 fucking seconds and expecting me to clink glasses with him each time. That got pretty tedious very quickly. 

There’s part of the above which has actually made me side with the annoying virtue signaller, he should have flattened you as well.

On 25/09/2019 at 19:31, Snafu said:

You drink donkey pish?

If you read carefully, he said it was minging, so you've been a bit unfair there. Clearly, woodside has sampled the delights of donkey pish at least once in the past, and came to the conclusion that the taste didn't suit his palate. He gave it a go, but mule micturiate just wasn't for him.

You're welcome, woodgate. I've got your back.

2 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

Roxy Music are pish*

*good album covers though...

The Rolling Stones are pish. Glorified bar band who last recorded a decent song in 1976 or thereabouts. Two decent songs IMHO. ‘Brown Sugar’ and ‘Undercover of the Night’.

IMHO. He added, again, belt & braces.

9 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

The Rolling Stones are pish. Glorified bar band who last recorded a decent song in 1976 or thereabouts. Two decent songs IMHO. ‘Brown Sugar’ and ‘Undercover of the Night’.

Recorded in 1983

9 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Miss You is my favourite Stones track and that was released in 1978.

8 hours ago, Cerberus said:

I don’t think he’s shite but he’s not as good as the English make him out to be.

It's actually the opposite in my experience - the English treat him as a whipping boy when he is one of the best players they have. 

1 hour ago, The OP said:

It's actually the opposite in my experience - the English treat him as a whipping boy when he is one of the best players they have. 

It seems to be either one or the other with the media. Either met with ridicule or nearly the best in the world.

Kinda like the "zero middle ground" you get on here, as evidenced by the idiotic "Sterling is shite" comment.