Kris Boyd

Unpopular opinions.

I don’t think that people express emotions about celebrities dying because they are unable to express emotions generally. Our society is far more open about its emotions, across the whole spectrum, than it was in the past and displays about Ricksen are a reflection of that.

4 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I don’t think that people express emotions about celebrities dying because they are unable to express emotions generally. Our society is far more open about its emotions, across the whole spectrum, than it was in the past and displays about Ricksen are a reflection of that.

It's morons doing it because they think they should.

I like JTS’s sentiment but I’m going to veer towards my cynical side and say it’s an expression of the ‘look at me, I’m grieving’ culture that has gripped many these days.

30 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

That doesn’t contradict what I posted.

It wasn't intended to, just a contunuation of the discussion.

On 24/08/2019 at 05:38, effeffsee_the2nd said:

I love cycling my bike, partly for the exercise & weight loss, partly for the fresh air and scenery.  but mostly because of how fuckin rattled it gets gammon yer da' types when they need to wait an extra 30 secs to get passed  

That's odd. I find them the most reasonable whilst cycling. I'd expect that's probably because they make up a large proportion of the cyclist population . It's usually other demographics that get a raging stauner, in my experience. 

On 19/09/2019 at 15:26, NewBornBairn said:

Fernando Ricksen dying is sad, but it's not the kind of sad that justifies a shrine with flags, banners, pictures and flowers being set up outside a council house. In Stirling. 

The amount of “I’m a Celtic fan... but this is still so sad” type posts is infuriating. As if you shouldn’t be sad to see a human being die of MND because you support the rival club of the club they played for, but you are such a good person that even though you support the rival club you still care.

Pathetic.

2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

The amount of “I’m a Celtic fan... but this is still so sad” type posts is infuriating. As if you shouldn’t be sad to see a human being die of MND because you support the rival club of the club they played for, but you are such a good person that even though you support the rival club you still care.

Pathetic.

BBC were even at it yesterday. “Tributes have been paid from across Scottish football including bitter rivals Celtic” . As if they wouldn’t pay tribute and it’s almost like the Beeb thought they deserved credit for this. 

I wasn't at all sad. 

I wasn't happy, and it’s obviously sad for those that did know him but I didn't know the man. 

There should be no minute silences at games where he didn't play for that club. It's not like he was a well loved wee scoundrel across the country, or some revolutionary player.

Remember this? - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2342421/Disgraced-Ricksen-on-his-way-out-at-Ibrox.html

"Rangers manager Paul Le Guen has told Dutch full-back Fernando Ricksen that he should leave the club and attempt to rebuild his life and career elsewhere.

"The 30-year-old, one of the highest earners at Ibrox, was sent home from the pre-season tour of South Africa after being involved in a drunken altercation with a stewardess on the flight to Johannesburg.

"It was the latest in a long line of misdemeanours perpetrated by Ricksen, who has undergone treatment for anger management and behavioural issues, and Le Guen has decided that the interests of both parties would be best served if the player departed."

Deidco legend? 😲

On 19/09/2019 at 18:57, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's morons doing it because they think they should.

This.

Because this. 

On 19/09/2019 at 19:04, Dons_1988 said:

and say it’s an expression of the ‘look at me, I’m grieving’ culture that has gripped many these days.

21 minutes ago, Andre Bo said:

Friends is a shit TV show.

An unpopular opinion but right on the money.

It was fuckin dire.

"oh oh oh but it's got fit women" they say. 

Yeah, like that justifies it. Fit women do not good tv make. 

Pop off and watch hollyoakes then, right up your street it would appear.

Yes, it's shit too.

:) 

I can only assume none of you talking about Ricksen and displays of public grief have seen this:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4740691/celtic-fan-ibrox-fernando-ricksen/

Just after half six, crowds funnelling from all directions, he seemed to appear from nowhere - 20-something, lanky, hooped shirt, white shorts and socks, green baseball cap on his napper and scarf clutched in his left hand.

A motorcycle cop on duty outside the Albion car park did a double-take, revved up and whooshed across to intercept him. Even from a distance, the message was clear: Away up the road, son, before this gets silly.

The boy blanked him and kept walking, puzzled punters parting as if realising anyone this bold deserved the widest of berths. The cop radioed two mates, who jogged across and pleaded with the boy to turn around and go home.

Then he held up the scarf, pointed across at the gates between the Main Stand and the Broomloan - and his mission became clear.

He was here, hoops and all, to pay tribute to Fernando Ricksen.

And so off he loped, towards the gates and the hundreds gathered around them in silent vigil, edging through until he could place his green-and-white knitted wreath on the carpet of others laid since the Dutchman died on Wednesday.

As one, those hundreds applauded the gesture. Hands reached out to shake his, strangers in light blue spread their arms and offered hugs.

2 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I can only assume none of you talking about Ricksen and displays of public grief have seen this:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4740691/celtic-fan-ibrox-fernando-ricksen/

Just after half six, crowds funnelling from all directions, he seemed to appear from nowhere - 20-something, lanky, hooped shirt, white shorts and socks, green baseball cap on his napper and scarf clutched in his left hand.

A motorcycle cop on duty outside the Albion car park did a double-take, revved up and whooshed across to intercept him. Even from a distance, the message was clear: Away up the road, son, before this gets silly.

The boy blanked him and kept walking, puzzled punters parting as if realising anyone this bold deserved the widest of berths. The cop radioed two mates, who jogged across and pleaded with the boy to turn around and go home.

Then he held up the scarf, pointed across at the gates between the Main Stand and the Broomloan - and his mission became clear.

And so off he loped, towards the gates and the hundreds gathered around them in silent vigil, edging through until he could place his green-and-white knitted wreath on the carpet of others laid since the Dutchman died on Wednesday.

As one, those hundreds applauded the gesture. Hands reached out to shake his, strangers in light blue spread their arms and offered hugs.

2D908109-EEE9-4A9C-A045-23C20C8A6C54.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Bill Leckie...is he still a thing?