Unpopular opinions.

On 24/09/2019 at 07:47, Bairnardo said:

Because Thunberg is so young, the media have no opportunity to push her off message and sabotage her with sketchy indiscretions from her past, real examples of hypocrisy. There is purity in what she is doing. This is why so many grown adults in positions of power have resorted to trying to belittle her as a child etc. It will get more vicious the more she gets her message across, but it can and never have substance and will just make more and more people look fucking ridiculous.

Case in point, an idiot like Malky digging out a 16 year old lassie because of the mode of transport she used, whilst she was on her way to take strips off the leaders of the planet with billions of eyes watching. Greta Thunberg represents a magnet. One pole attracting millions to her cause, the other pole drawing in idiots and making sure we all know who the idiots are.

I approve.

I was very uncomfortable watching her latest speech and now feel she is being used. She's obviously a very unstable teenage girl and I wish she could take a break from her activism although I doubt this will happen.

If she continues down this road I fear it is going to make her very ill.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
36 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:
‘Discotheque’ is the best U2 song.

Nah, Bad is better.

'A Sort of Homecoming' for me.  U2 seem to be one of those bands that are scorned by those who haven't heard much of their music.

Edited by Highland Capital

All this Ricksen shite is a pile of pish.He was an absolute roaster

It’s over the top and I don’t indulge it but we’re still talking about a young man and his family going through suffering you can’t really imagine.

And I’m guessing you don’t really know anything about him personally other than what you’ve seen in the media.

Correct i knew him about as much as these halfwits on tv crying and stuff.Its princess di shite

It’s over the top and I don’t indulge it but we’re still talking about a young man and his family going through suffering you can’t really imagine.

And I’m guessing you don’t really know anything about him personally other than what you’ve seen in the media.

On the subject of U2... there used to be a record shop in Paisley called ‘Listen’, there was also one at the bottom of Renfield St in Glasgow. I went in there one day, could have been 79/80? The young bloke working there was over from Dublin, and he was playing a record on which the sound of the guitar knocked me out. I had no idea who they were so asked, and he said they were this new young Irish band that were kicking about over there. The song was ‘11 o Clock Tick Tock’. Have absolutely loved them since that day. I went to see U2 in Strathclyde University when they came over in 1981. Ticket was £1.75. Spoke to Bono after the gig, and he wasn’t an arse at all. Then I saw them in Tiffany’s Ballroom... and the venues got bigger every year after that. My favourite U2 songs are Electric Co, The Unforgettable Fire, Vertigo, Running to Stand Still, and Even Better Than the Real Thing.

Edited by pozbaird

22 hours ago, doulikefish said:

All this Ricksen shite is a pile of pish.He was an absolute roaster

I was out on Saturday night in a Scottish pub where the drunkest guy in the world insisted on buying me a pint of Tennents despite me telling him I don't like it and then proceeding to raise his pint as a toast to Fernando Ricksen every 30 fucking seconds and expecting me to clink glasses with him each time. That got pretty tedious very quickly. 

22 hours ago, pozbaird said:

On the subject of U2... there used to be a record shop in Paisley called ‘Listen’, there was also one at the bottom of Renfield St in Glasgow. I went in there one day, could have been 79/80? The young bloke working there was over from Dublin, and he was playing a record on which the sound of the guitar knocked me out. I had no idea who they were so asked, and he said they were this new young Irish band that were kicking about over there. The song was ‘11 o Clock Tick Tock’. Have absolutely loved them since that day. I went to see U2 in Strathclyde University when they came over in 1981. Ticket was £1.75. Spoke to Bono after the gig, and he wasn’t an arse at all. Then I saw them in Tiffany’s Ballroom... and the venues got bigger every year after that. My favourite U2 songs are Electric Co, The Unforgettable Fire, Vertigo, Running to Stand Still, and Even Better Than the Real Thing.