Kris Boyd

Unpopular opinions.

the only reason i decided to make that post is because i was thinking about an oasis/ RHCP argument i had at the weekend, which has resulted with me feeling as if i hate the chilis even though i quite like a lot of their stuff.

For me that happened with Radiohead. Me and a mate always argued over who was better between Radiohead and Oasis, to the point where I was actually making Radiohead out to be totally shite. After deciding to give them a lot more time than I previously had, I did realise that they are an absolutely cracking band.

yes and no. frightened rabbit seem to have a large fan-base outside of scotland, particularly in england and the US. the view seem to have been forgotten about in most of england and have little exposure elsewhere.

It's funny becaue I always thought The View weren't that big in England, untill I went to Leeds Festival with my flatmate who looks just like Kyle Falconer. The guy was getting as many comments as he gets in Glasgow, ie a hell of a lot. You could say that the people who go to a music festival are obviously more in the know regarding Indie bands than your average person, but according to my flatmate he gets it a lot wherever he is in England.

People discussing music when I want to read about how some a have no sympathy for drug users are annoying!

edit -

maybe this should have been in the 'petty things that annoy you' one!

Edited by Mr Waldo

Barcelona are annoying as fuck and I take great pleasure when they get beat.

How come one man got so much fame?

His PR was the Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great Grandfather of Max Clifford?!

MaxClifford.jpg

Most of the UK shouldn't whinge about current fuel prices as for years, folk in the Highlands with far poorer public transport services have been paying what the southerners are paying now. The 'it's your choice to live in Britain' card doesn't go down too well with the 'it's their choice to live all the way up there' brigade.

Oasis are ok. Nothing more. Oasis fanboys are cuntos.

Older people are being greedy by not retiring, and keeping the jobs for themselves.

After the age of 60 older people should have to resat their driving test every two years.

All of the bands that came out of Manchester in the late 80s, early 90s (stone roses etc) are fucking shite, and the people who enjoy that music are bucket hat wearing fifa.

Benefits should be stopped for those not wanting to work, and live off benefits the rest of their lives. These people should be sterilized so they don't bring up 5 children with a shite attitude to work.

It should be legal to belt wee cheeky neds.

Useful degrees such as engineering or science should be free. Completely useless ones like art or media or drama the student should have to pay for.

Useful degrees such as engineering or science should be free. Completely useless ones like art or media or drama the student should have to pay for.

I'm along the same lines although think that students of in-demand* subjects should be given more grants seeing as Scottish students basically get it free anyway. Maybe even let them off with the graduate endowment instead (or as well?).

*slightly different to 'useful' as people can argue that finance is useful in the modern world, just that too many folk study it when only a handful will actually get graduate level jobs.

The door should be locked at night :ph34r:

Edited by Mr Hahn

the jobless should be made to clean up neighbourhoods for their benefits

there's quite a lot of stigma going on here for the jobless. a lot of these things are easy to say while you already have a job.

Music festivals are shite

Totally agree. Never got the hype. Even if the weather is half decent, the sound is shit, many of the people around you are in a bigger mess than a McDonald's floor, and if you were in the same company as them under any other circumstances you'd be making your excuses.

And that's before we even get to camping and "sanitation".

Read the thread title again, ya pile o' tripe.:lol: :lol: :lol:

There are unpopular thoughts and just plain wrong thoughts.

there's quite a lot of stigma going on here for the jobless. a lot of these things are easy to say while you already have a job.

my point is why should our cities and towns look a mess while we have unemployed people desperate to work.

its technically a job, they get paid, the outcome is tidier streets etc and the workers can feel they earned the money. instead of it just being handed to them.