Unpopular opinions.

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

Positive discrimination in the work place is an absolute sham. People who aren't capable or haven't put the work in get ahead due to "box ticking". 

Also people from a BME background  who have earned the right and worked hard to get where they are feel under pressure to justify why they have got where they are.

Addressing the issue of having a work force that is representative will not be fixed quickly and easily by forcing through recruitment or promotions of people who are plainly unsuitable and will cause massive issues in the future.

The police service especially in England have a massive issue with this as its core work force are white.

Best person for the job should get it. Otherwise it’s discrmination.

1 hour ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

Not entirely true mate. The Wartburg 353 was a decent motor...

c3d28f9744e5a439aeadde93b78d.jpeg.thumb.jpg.e6f9d18910376c7787d32776aa339acf.jpg

In 1991 I was in Eisenach, which is overlooked by Wartburg Castle (where Luther translated the bible into German). There had been a car factory there and the old communist car museum was still open so I had a look in. When I came out I was caught in a traffic jam of trabbis and just about died from the fumes.. 

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

In 1991 I was in Eisenach, which is overlooked by Wartburg Castle (where Luther translated the bible into German). There had been a car factory there and the old communist car museum was still open so I had a look in. When I came out I was caught in a traffic jam of trabbis and just about died from the fumes.. 

Eastern Bloc cars are cool as f**k. How great would it feel to drive around in a Gaz Volga?

gaz_volga_24_large_88297.jpg