Unpopular opinions.

I don't mind Neil McCann , in fact I quite like him, despite some of the teams he played for.

I think he could have proved to be a decent manager at Dundee if he'd been given more time.

I also thought he was OK as a pundit.

Scott Bain and Tommy Wright are both arseholes.

4 minutes ago, A96 said:

I don't mind Neil McCann , in fact I quite like him, despite some of the teams he played for.

I think he could have proved to be a decent manager at Dundee if he'd been given more time.

I also thought he was OK as a pundit.

Scott Bain and Tommy Wright are both arseholes.

I've met Neil McCann a few times. Friendly, chatty, open,  down to earth. A good c**t.

10 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

I've met Neil McCann a few times. Friendly, chatty, open,  down to earth. A good c**t.

I can well believe that.  Thought he came across very well when he was on Sportsound with Michael Stewart earlier this week.

Edited by A96

19 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

His brother used to come into the pub I worked in every now and then. He was a walloper.

Although, to be fair to him, he used to get crap from arseholes because of his brother and was usually quite restrained about it.

A lot of people don't understand the difference between opinion and fact. One is subjective, the other objective. "Strawberries taste nice." is an opinion and one which anybody is entitled to. Just as others are entitled to disagree.

"Strawberries are a fruit." is a fact. Opinion doesn't come into it and if you think otherwise, you're simply wrong.

Of course, in Trump's post-truth "alternative facts" world, the rules have changed somewhat. Dumb b*****ds everywhere can state the most unimaginable shite and think they're "entitled' to do so.

I have a bigger issue with folk spouting absolute pish and saying "everyone is entitled to their opinion". No, everyone isn't entitled to their opinion; you're entitled to your informed opinion, which are two very different things.. You can't just spew utter shite and use "it's my opinion" to make it sound acceptable.  

That's my opinion on it anyway...

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I have a bigger issue with folk spouting absolute pish and saying "everyone is entitled to their opinion". No everyone isn't entitles to their opinion; you're entitled to your informed opinion, which are too very different things.. You can't just spew utter shite and use "it's my opinion" to make it sound acceptable.

I have never agreed with you more :wub:

11 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I have a bigger issue with folk spouting absolute pish and saying "everyone is entitled to their opinion". No everyone isn't entitles to their opinion; you're entitled to your informed opinion, which are too* very different things.. You can't just spew utter shite and use "it's my opinion" to make it sound acceptable.

"two" - fact

12 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I have a bigger issue with folk spouting absolute pish and saying "everyone is entitled to their opinion". No everyone isn't entitles to their opinion; you're entitled to your informed opinion, which are two very different things.. You can't just spew utter shite and use "it's my opinion" to make it sound acceptable.

I think folk are entitled to their opinion but where we're going wrong is allowing moronic opinions to go unchecked. 

32 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I have a bigger issue with folk spouting absolute pish and saying "everyone is entitled to their opinion". No, everyone isn't entitled to their opinion; you're entitled to your informed opinion, which are two very different things.. You can't just spew utter shite and use "it's my opinion" to make it sound acceptable.  

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.  The problem is some people misconstrue this as 'I am entitled to my opinion and you have no right to offend me by disproving, challenging or telling me I'm talking pish'.

If everyone was happy to have their opinions challenged and accept mistakes when it's pointed out to them then we'd have a much more harmonious time of it.

1 hour ago, Deontay WildPar said:

I think folk are entitled to their opinion but where we're going wrong is allowing moronic opinions to go unchecked. 

This ...

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.  The problem is some people misconstrue this as 'I am entitled to my opinion and you have no right to offend me by disproving, challenging or telling me I'm talking pish'.

If everyone was happy to have their opinions challenged and accept mistakes when it's pointed out to them then we'd have a much more harmonious time of it.

... and especially this

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Agree - if we were only entitled/allowed to express informed opinions, we would lose a lot of the cut and thrust that makes up much of our daily discussions.  The knack is being able to participate in the cut and thrust without throwing the toys out of the pram when someone has the audacity to challenge us, and worse still when they are able to rubbish our opinion with those pesky facts.  

'The Inbetweeners' was absolutely horrendous television, and I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would watch it - let alone get excited about a reunion show ten years on. 

It also created some of the worst patter ever copied from a TV show into real life. Going through school with people using 'fwends' was one of the major reasons why I was delighted to get away from the place.

6 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

'The Inbetweeners' was absolutely horrendous television, and I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would watch it - let alone get excited about a reunion show ten years on. 

It also created some of the worst patter ever copied from a TV show into real life. Going through school with people using 'fwends' was one of the major reasons why I was delighted to get away from the place.

Get out

Bus w****r.

Briefcase w****r.

22 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

The episode where they took the day off school to try and get steaming was excellent. The rest of it was pure shite.