Unpopular opinions.

Joe Hart has the potential to become one of the best keepers in the world

:blink:

You could say that about anyone.

Englands defence looks shit with Terry in it.

The death of British soldiers shouldn't be reported on the news.

I would be quite happy if someone killed Tony Blair.

I only used it because on the 900th episode the commentator used it every two minutes. It is actually a word though. cool.gif

I thought the thread was for unpopular opinions not just limited to what the pie and bovril community think.

I'd like to see Chuck Liddell(sp?) be put through a flaming table. Or Randy Couture jumping off the top of a Hell In The Cell.

Oh dear oh dear, you know wrestling is fake don't you? It doesn't hurt going through a flaming table (which you don't see in wwe anyway) it's just your bog standard b&q £10 table with lighter fluid on that when set alight only burns itself, same as if you were to spray your table with deoderant, the fuel will burn but not the wood. Also jumping off hell in a cell has only been done (whilst standing on the cell roof) twice, once by rikishi (conveiniently into a truck Full of sawdust) and once to mick foley who is a gloryfied stunt man who did it for real once and severly fucked himself up and took years off his career. this shit doesn't happen anymore.

As for your comparisons to UFC, not one wwe wrestler could take a punch (A REAL punch) no one could compete apart from brock lesnar and this has f**k all to do with wwe but everything to do with him doing Real greeko-roman wrestling and grappling at university.

To even compare the toughness of sports entertainers to MMA cage fighters is beyond idiotic.

Not sure none of them could compete, you have a few with pretty decent Greco-Roman wrestling backgrounds (Jack Swagger, Shelton Benjamin) who have the physique to compete, but maybe not the heart or fortitude. Not sure these things they do in Sports Entertainment 'don't hurt' either as I seem to recall Ken Shamrock picking up a lot of injuries in his WWE career, and if being hurled through objects (even ones weakened to break easily) by 300lbs men doesn't hurt then you're not made of human flesh and bone.

Some WWE guys could make the crossover, but just being a freak of nature (aka Big Show, The Great Khali) aren't likely to cut it.

Edited by LOL @ Celtic

Oh dear oh dear, you know wrestling is fake don't you? It doesn't hurt going through a flaming table (which you don't see in wwe anyway) it's just your bog standard b&q £10 table with lighter fluid on that when set alight only burns itself, same as if you were to spray your table with deoderant, the fuel will burn but not the wood. Also jumping off hell in a cell has only been done (whilst standing on the cell roof) twice, once by rikishi (conveiniently into a truck Full of sawdust) and once to mick foley who is a gloryfied stunt man who did it for real once and severly fucked himself up and took years off his career. this shit doesn't happen anymore.

As for your comparisons to UFC, not one wwe wrestler could take a punch (A REAL punch) no one could compete apart from brock lesnar and this has f**k all to do with wwe but everything to do with him doing Real greeko-roman wrestling and grappling at university.

To even compare the toughness of sports entertainers to MMA cage fighters is beyond idiotic.

Spark a lighter and put it an inch underneath your hand. The gas is burning but your hand will still be hurting from the burn.

What about having a fork stuck in your eye socket or just above your eye but under the brow?

Or having your face raked with barbed wire?

Wrestling on it's own still hurts, wither it's fake or not. When you get slammed or whipped into the ropes it still does damage.

Kris Boyd, I challenge you to tell Terry Funk how fake a flaming table is considering he nearly died from going through one. I also challenge you to tell Edge the same after he had to spend a night in the hospital being observed around the clock. Anyone who takes that bump is a fucking moron though and deserves all they get.

Incidentally, Foley's intentional off the cell didn't f**k with his career at all. The fall through the cell which was not meant did a right lot of damage though.

As for WWE guys not being able to take real punches, you might want to tell Tim Sylvia about that.

The guys in WWE have a different sort of toughness of MMA fighters. I'm sure with the mega training that an MMA fighter has, they'd be just as hard.

In an unreal swing for myself, LOL @ CELTIC has made a terrific post when it comes to the athletic background of wrestlers. Also, a few Scottish wrestlers have made the move into MMA and most have done so with amazing ease.

Kris Boyd, I challenge you to tell Terry Funk how fake a flaming table is considering he nearly died from going through one. I also challenge you to tell Edge the same after he had to spend a night in the hospital being observed around the clock. Anyone who takes that bump is a fucking moron though and deserves all they get.

Incidentally, Foley's intentional off the cell didn't f**k with his career at all. The fall through the cell which was not meant did a right lot of damage though.

As for WWE guys not being able to take real punches, you might want to tell Tim Sylvia about that.

The guys in WWE have a different sort of toughness of MMA fighters. I'm sure with the mega training that an MMA fighter has, they'd be just as hard.

In an unreal swing for myself, LOL @ CELTIC has made a terrific post when it comes to the athletic background of wrestlers. Also, a few Scottish wrestlers have made the move into MMA and most have done so with amazing ease.

What he said, also put a thumbtack in your hand, then imagine at least two dozen of them in your back/arms.

the coalition goverments doing pretty good so far.

all soaps and reality shows are terrible.

oasis are one of the worst bands i've had the misfortune of hearing.

barack obama is not a good president.

junkies and alcoholics should get no help and no benefits.

papers like the news of the world should be put out of buisness.

the first past the post is a good voting system.

most mainstream music nowadays is terrible.

judges who aquit obvious muderers and give laughable sentences to criminals should be jailed.

Jennifer Aniston is much prettier than Angelina Jolie.

the labour party should change their name or change alot to resemble what old labour stands for.

section 28 is / was a really good policy.

torture should be used in britain.

people with aids should be snipped so they can't have children.

the coalition goverments doing pretty good so far.

all soaps and reality shows are terrible.

oasis are one of the worst bands i've had the misfortune of hearing.

barack obama is not a good president.

junkies and alcoholics should get no help and no benefits.

papers like the news of the world should be put out of buisness.

the first past the post is a good voting system.

most mainstream music nowadays is terrible.

judges who aquit obvious muderers and give laughable sentences to criminals should be jailed.

Jennifer Aniston is much prettier than Angelina Jolie.

the labour party should change their name or change alot to resemble what old labour stands for.

section 28 is / was a really good policy.

torture should be used in britain.

people with aids should be snipped so they can't have children.

Eye test booked for Monday morning :lol: