Unpopular opinions.

Falcon punch?

I would argue that normally, that would be a misreading of the situation.

Tbh, I don't like the whole kissing thing either, it was the most annoying thing about living Paris, the amount of ritual handshaking and kissing involved. After a few months of that, I actually relished coming home to surly awkwardness.

Its an unpopular opinion, I know.

but just for the record, Im not an inbreed c**t, my great grandparents were immigrants to this country. However enough is enough when it comes to our open door immigration policy.

Which open door immigration policy is this? The one that doesn't exist?

I was listening to Radio Scotland at breakfast time a couple of week ago and there were a few people on the phones discussing the future of the Labour party. One of them was a woman who was a member of the Labour party and she said she had been giving a training course to jobseekers at one of the job centre in Glasgow (cant remember which one exactly). Anyway, she said that she had came outside and there was the usual punters milling around, when she noticed that the monoblock was being relaid outside the job centre by 6 Eastern European speaking men. Even she could see that this was not right.

What's not right about it? Do you know if the "usual punters" applied or not? I was on JSA for around eight months and I think I applied for two jobs in that time, mainly because laying bricks and the like sounded too much like hard work. I know I wasn't alone in that. At the same time obviously not everyone on JSA is as shiftless as I was but I know for a fact that several of them were. For the ones who are being kept out of jobs by foreign labourers, yeah, that's a shame for them, but 1) I doubt this applies to many and 2) what's preventing them from using their ample free time to look into acquiring a new skill and looking for a new line of work?

I'm sure some kale farmer/prostitute of good Scottish stock was kept out of work by your great-grandparents, and I'm sure there were locals sitting about muttering that "your sort" shouldn't be here taking the jobs. What makes you so fucking special, exactly?

Edited by Swampy

I was listening to Radio Scotland at breakfast time a couple of week ago and there were a few people on the phones discussing the future of the Labour party. One of them was a woman who was a member of the Labour party and she said she had been giving a training course to jobseekers at one of the job centre in Glasgow (cant remember which one exactly). Anyway, she said that she had came outside and there was the usual punters milling around, when she noticed that the monoblock was being relaid outside the job centre by 6 Eastern European speaking men. Even she could see that this was not right.

I'm a member of the Labour Party - apparently this is important to your argument - and I think her opinion is shite. Does that change your mind?

The advice I'd give you at this point is that if you're going to take on someone far more intelligent than yourself on here - at let's face it, there are plenty candidates - it might be a good idea not to fall at the first hurdle next time.

Oh, and avoid using the 'Haha, you've just biten (sic)' line again.

Both scenarios make you come across as a bit of a tool.

The Claire Rayner put down had some potential, and in better hands, may have been more effective.

Overall, I'd give you a 2/10 for this effort. Must try harder.

Why do people edit a double post when they can simply delete it?

StewartyMac has become grumpy since he turned 'old'.

Would you rather they were claiming jobseekers allowance? I thought that was one of the arguments, those "damn immigants" (Good ol' Moe) coming across, "stealing" benefits?

United States for United Statesians!

Now, I was extremely annoyed at the hysterical reaction to the 'cat binner', to the point where I was arguing with people who suggested she should be shot, stabbed, hung or placed inside a bin for the equal number of hours the cat was. Why can't people see that a policy of execution for someone who slightly upset a pet might be a tad harsh? If you're so concerned about bin cat then go and fucking help stop battery farming or cock fighting or any other genuinely cruel and ongoing abuse of animals, and shut the f**k up, because you're a moron.

Also, why is it when a news reporter is standing in some sink estate interviewing relatives of another teenager stabbed to death or mown down by joyriders that teenager is without fail described as some sort of genetic cross between Mother Teresa, Florence Nightingale and Marie Curie? The rest of the country knows they were a vile thick pointless ned set for a life on benefits and probably crime, as will be immediately evident from the plethora of green and white/ blue and red polyester sports shirts tied to a graffitti covered underpass railing with "Alwayz in oor hearts Big Rab!!!", "Takin fae uz 2 soon!!", "Luv U 4ever ma babez XxXxXxXx Chantelle!!" printed theeon.

Their death will have merely saved a few old grannies from getting mugged, a few other neds from getting stabbed and slightly impacted on Buckfast sales, nothing else. It's natural selection!

StewartyMac has become grumpy since he turned 'old'.

United States for United Statesians!

Now, I was extremely annoyed at the hysterical reaction to the 'cat binner', to the point where I was arguing with people who suggested she should be shot, stabbed, hung or placed inside a bin for the equal number of hours the cat was. Why can't people see that a policy of execution for someone who slightly upset a pet might be a tad harsh? If you're so concerned about bin cat then go and fucking help stop battery farming or cock fighting or any other genuinely cruel and ongoing abuse of animals, and shut the f**k up, because you're a moron.

Also, why is it when a news reporter is standing in some sink estate interviewing relatives of another teenager stabbed to death or mown down by joyriders that teenager is without fail described as some sort of genetic cross between Mother Teresa, Florence Nightingale and Marie Curie? The rest of the country knows they were a vile thick pointless ned set for a life on benefits and probably crime, as will be immediately evident from the plethora of green and white/ blue and red polyester sports shirts tied to a graffitti covered underpass railing with "Alwayz in oor hearts Big Rab!!!", "Takin fae uz 2 soon!!", "Luv U 4ever ma babez XxXxXxXx Chantelle!!" printed theeon.

Their death will have merely saved a few old grannies from getting mugged, a few other neds from getting stabbed and slightly impacted on Buckfast sales, nothing else. It's natural selection!

Perhaps in some cases, but not in all.

Heh, I said almost exactly this to my mate on Saturday whilst driving to the football!

I also said to him that it pisses me off how every single member of the armed forces is described as a selfless, honourable, brave and upstanding person, whereas the few folk I knew from school who went into the army did so as inevitably they were thick, brainless, bullying thugs who didn't have a choice of getting a job anywhere else.

I have no doubt that there are a great number of members of the armed forces who can rightly have the above superlatives applied to them, but it annoys me when people suggest that EVERY member of the forces is a "hero" or the like.

Well then you're being stupidly close-minded.

He supports Rangers, of course he's stupidly closed-minded.

The minimum wage should be increased

That's a brilliant idea, increasing unemployment is always a good thing.

The BNP aren't something to worry about at all, they are a laughing stock.

Anyone who supports the BNP doesn't have "legitimate concerns which mainstream parties need to listen to". They are vile, bigotted scumbags who should be put to sleep.

Frankie Sanford and Hayley Williams aren't in the least bit attractive.

Millie Clode is much better looking than Georgie Thompson or Charlotte Jackson.

Professional wrestling is the dog's bollocks.

Even though the OP is a poor excuse for a poster/person who should've been a w**k, this thread was a good idea.

Craig Bellamy seems like an alright, honest guy. Same with Robbie Savage.

I think Danny Dyer seems a laugh. I'd love to have a pint with him, no matter how bad everything he's been in is.

Agree with these especially the one about Bellamy and Savage.

Everything you have said here is spot on apart from the bit about Frankie mad.giflaugh.gif

Agree with these especially the one about Bellamy and Savage.

I've listened to Savage on 606 a couple of times and he comes across very well, he can have a laugh at his own expense which seems to be something a lot of footballers are incapable of.

Steve Claridge on the other hand is a total c**t, him giving his ridiculous opinions on Fabio Capello and then getting his arse handed to him big time was one of the finest pieces of radio I've ever heard.

Steve Claridge on the other hand is a total c**t, him giving his ridiculous opinions on Fabio Capello and then getting his arse handed to him big time was one of the finest pieces of radio I've ever heard.

What was this?

What was this?

Claridge was saying that England's poor performance at the world cup was entirely Capello's fault and that the players aren't responsible, apparently they're all such high performers at club level that if they can't do the business for England it is entirely down to the manager. He said England had 5 or 6 world class player iirc, which is laughable because lets be honest they have 1.

The guy Mark Chapman presenting the show with him was trying to explain to Claridge how much shite he was talking, but the guy wasn't budging. Then some caller came on and asked him why Capello, McLaren and Sven have all failed to do the business with that bunch of players when they've all been very succesful elsewhere, especially Capello. Claridge had to back track like crazy and made a total c**t out of himself in the process.

Claridge was saying that England's poor performance at the world cup was entirely Capello's fault ....

.... Claridge had to back track like crazy and made a total c**t out of himself in the process.

Hadn't seen that at all.

What a dick.

I've listened to Savage on 606 a couple of times and he comes across very well, he can have a laugh at his own expense which seems to be something a lot of footballers are incapable of.

I follow Savage on twitter and he seems like a guy that just likes having laugh and as you say can have a laugh at himdelf which is strange for footballers these days. Giving all his money from his book to charity as well.

Agreed about claridge as well every time I see himk on the football league show he comes as a tosser.

That's a brilliant idea, increasing unemployment is always a good thing.

The BNP aren't something to worry about at all, they are a laughing stock.

Anyone who supports the BNP doesn't have "legitimate concerns which mainstream parties need to listen to". They are vile, bigotted scumbags who should be put to sleep.

Well, at least in one respect you are even more right wing than they are.