Unpopular opinions.

No, many idiots hold that opinion. It's completely bass-ackwards, though. Smart people generally cultivate relationships lasting relationships - both platonic and romantic - more easily than do total doylums. The P&B intelligentsia probably have sparkling social lives compared to guys like Unleash the Nade, who offer little to a conversation other than having a forehead like a ski jump.

How interesting that you were first to bite.

Kinda proves my point .

Thanksbiggrin.gif

Britain should leave the EU, we don't need the help of foreigners.

Livingston and MK Dons should have an affiliation, similar to Rangers and Hamburg.

FC Barca are fucking scum.

The Premiership is the best league in the world.

Religion should be banned. It's a motive for hatrid.

Foreign flags should be banned at all UK football grounds.

I am the best poster on P&B.

All are facts, not really opinions.

Scottish nationalism is embarassing, most English people don't really care whether Scotland is independent or not.

What English people care about is your criterion for whether or not something is embarrassing?

Kinda proves my point .

Thanksbiggrin.gif

How on earth does that prove your point? Your point was:

"There are certain P&B posters, who are obviously very intelligent and ariculate individuals. However,their over use of the site and superior attitude is just a front,hiding the fact that they are social outcasts, who have failed in the real world,with no real freinds."

You've yet to demonstrate that conclusion at all. You've proved naff all, yet you're strutting around like you're cock of the walk.

Scottish nationalism is embarassing, most English people don't really care whether Scotland is independent or not.

So? Could you explain how the two statements are linked please?

I hate footballers who cry.

Men who cry on tv embarrass me full stop. When I have a tough time, or am emotionally under pressure, I don't feel that I have to have a great big crying session. There is just no need at all, guys need to man up and get some self control. If I win a couple quid on the lottery, I have a wee quiet "yes" moment at a minor bit of fortune. I don't break down in tears.

Britain should leave the EU, we don't need the help of foreigners.

Livingston and MK Dons should have an affiliation, similar to Rangers and Hamburg.

FC Barca are fucking scum.

The Premiership is the best league in the world.

Religion should be banned. It's a motive for hatrid.

Foreign flags should be banned at all UK football grounds.

I am the best poster on P&B.

All are facts, not really opinions.

+1

You speak the most sense on this forum. I agree with all of that, but not overly convinced about the MK dons thing.

+1

You speak the most sense on this forum. I agree with all of that, but not overly convinced about the MK dons thing.

Thank you, KB.

If we had an affiliation with MK Dons that would mean an annual pre-season friendly, which brings in a few quid. Plus, we are both franchises. I like to see Livingston and MK Dons as good friends.

Here are my opinions which are - for now - unpopular:

Rangers are worse than Celtic by almost any measure (except on the pitch, of course)

Belief in a deity isn't harmless

Sexism should be taken as seriously as racism in our society

'Recovery' is Eminem's best album

Krispy Kreme donuts are hugely overrated

We (the west) should be far more concerned with Taiwan than Tibet

'MOBO' is gash and should not allowed to be produced

People in the Army are rightly fodder for the fight towards the greater good

People are too thick to make good decisions and I welcome all 'nanny state' type laws/ideas

PES is rubbish and bores me silly (as do almost all console games)

Generic Spanish beach resorts are full of British wankers and you'd be mad to go to one

I'm not really a fan of international football and find it something of an inconvenience (although I do watch it).

I don't care about the Scottish national team. I have nothing against them, and would rather they won than lost, but should they lose every game 6-0 it wouldn't affect me in the slightest.

Ricky Gervais is hilarious.

Fudge, "people" make laws. How can they be both smart enough to govern and dumb enough not to be governed at the same time?

It's generally the people that have made the correct decisions in life that have the most authority and ability to introduce/ratify laws. The main exception being with regards to health, but I think they can and often do take a do as I say not as I do approach.

What English people care about is your criterion for whether or not something is embarrassing?

How on earth does that prove your point? Your point was:

"There are certain P&B posters, who are obviously very intelligent and ariculate individuals. However,their over use of the site and superior attitude is just a front,hiding the fact that they are social outcasts, who have failed in the real world,with no real freinds."

You've yet to demonstrate that conclusion at all. You've proved naff all, yet you're strutting around like you're cock of the walk.

Which is exactly what you attempt to do most of the time.

Keep biting

It's generally the people that have made the correct decisions in life that have the most authority and ability to introduce/ratify laws. The main exception being with regards to health, but I think they can and often do take a do as I say not as I do approach.

I'm not sure that's true. There are plenty of idiots in the public sector and in the legislative arena, and plenty of great minds in the private sector and in the universities. For example, this guy is my local congressman. He's an absolute fucking loonball. 90% of what he thinks about government is just plain stupid. Yet here he is, lording it up over us.

Which is exactly what you attempt to do most of the time.

Keep biting

Are you going to answer the question at all? How, exactly, did I prove your point?

There are certain P&B posters, who are obviously very intelligent and ariculate individuals.

However,their over use of the site and superior attitude is just a front,hiding the fact that they are social outcasts, who have failed in the real world,with no real freinds.

No, many idiots hold that opinion. It's completely bass-ackwards, though. Smart people generally cultivate relationships lasting relationships - both platonic and romantic - more easily than do total doylums. The P&B intelligentsia probably have sparkling social lives compared to guys like Unleash the Nade, who offer little to a conversation other than having a forehead like a ski jump.

Kinda proves my point .

Thanksbiggrin.gif

Are you going to answer the question at all? How, exactly, did I prove your point?

I think if you read these posts in order,it gives you,your answer.

Why did you get so upset at my original statement?

Is it because you see yourself as one of the posters I was making reference to?

I think it's obvious for all to see that you did,otherwise,you wouldnt have biten so quickly.

Its also remarkable and to be honest,quite hilarious that you assume, "smart people generally cultivate relationships, lasting relationships- both platonic and romantic.

Why have you suddenly turned into Clare Rayner?

Rightly or wrongly you were actually one of the posters I was thinking about when I made that remark and you instantly start stamping your feet about it.

Edit to add. My opinion is obviously unpopular with you,which is what the threads about,so proves my point twice I feel

Edited by Unleash The Nade

There are certain P&B posters, who are obviously very intelligent and ariculate individuals.

However,their over use of the site and superior attitude is just a front,hiding the fact that they are social outcasts, who have failed in the real world,with no real freinds.

Baseless opinions tend to be unpopular.

Just saying, likes.

I think if you read these posts in order,it gives you,your answer.

Why did you get so upset at my original statement?

Is it because you see yourself as one of the posters I was making reference to?

I knew you were referring to me, and probably some others, when you made your silly pronouncement. I don't see how you can equate that with being upset about it.

I think it's obvious for all to see that you did,otherwise,you wouldnt have biten so quickly.

Well, yes, but why do you interpret this reply as a "bite"?

Its also remarkable and to be honest,quite hilarious that you assume, "smart people generally cultivate relationships, lasting relationships- both platonic and romantic.

I don't assume it. It's based on evidence. Since the 1950s, for example, in the western world divorce rates have correlated negatively with IQ. In the USA, all ten states with the highest divorce rates are in the lowest half of the states sorted by IQ. Of course IQ is not the only indicator of intelligence, but it is a useful one. In friendship terms, only people with a really high IQ will generally struggle to make friends, and even then it might be caused by another mental issue.

Why have you suddenly turned into Clare Rayner?

Rightly or wrongly you were actually one of the posters I was thinking about when I made that remark and you instantly start stamping your feet about it.

I have no idea who Clare Rayner is. And I know you were talking about me - that's why I replied. I replied not because I'm upset but because you are, as usual, shooting your mouth off without having first looked at the facts. The fact of the matter is that if you compare me with you, you are far more likely to have volatile or no relationships than I am, statistically speaking. And I don't doubt for a second that this is borne out in real life 8)

I knew you were referring to me, and probably some others, when you made your silly pronouncement. I don't see how you can equate that with being upset about it.

Well, yes, but why do you interpret this reply as a "bite"?

I don't assume it. It's based on evidence. Since the 1950s, for example, in the western world divorce rates have correlated negatively with IQ. In the USA, all ten states with the highest divorce rates are in the lowest half of the states sorted by IQ. Of course IQ is not the only indicator of intelligence, but it is a useful one. In friendship terms, only people with a really high IQ will generally struggle to make friends, and even then it might be caused by another mental issue.

I have no idea who Clare Rayner is. And I know you were talking about me - that's why I replied. I replied not because I'm upset but because you are, as usual, shooting your mouth off without having first looked at the facts. The fact of the matter is that if you compare me with you, you are far more likely to have volatile or no relationships than I am, statistically speaking. And I don't doubt for a second that this is borne out in real life cool.gif

You just don't know how wrong you are with this last part,but I'll let you go on thinking this as it obviously gives some form of comfort and hope.

You also fail to realise that the more you respond,the more you're proving the point of the thread title.

I was maybe being too generous including you as one of the intelligent and articulate posters and for that I apologise.