Unpopular opinions.

1 minute ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

White wine has far more of an acidic, vinegary taste than red. What a bizarre point, contained in a terrible post.

I get the impression Estragon is either quite young or has led a sheltered life. Never had a proper pizza? I can see why you'd say steak is overrated if you'd never sampled a decent one. Maybe had a swig out of a bottle of red wine that had been sitting open a few days? 

I get the impression Estragon is either quite young or has led a sheltered life. Never had a proper pizza? I can see why you'd say steak is overrated if you'd never sampled a decent one. Maybe had a swig out of a bottle of red wine that had been sitting open a few days? 

I cant get into wine at all. Have tried a few but both red n white I dislike. Got told to try rose wine but still nope. So basically gave up. Is quite annoying as seems to be so much choice. Alcohol in general I don't usually have

19 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

He must have had a shite red wine IMO.

Red wine is 100% better than white wine but a bad red wine is absolutely rancid whereas a white one can be almost palatable.

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Red wine is 100% better than white wine but a bad red wine is absolutely rancid whereas a white one can be almost palatable.

Bung shite red wine in the fridge and add a bit of lemonade, beats pouring it down the sink. Tinto de verano they call it in Spain, great for a hot day.

31 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

He did that one all nighter for his dissertation mind. 

8 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
23 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I cant get into wine at all. Have tried a few but both red n white I dislike. Got told to try rose wine but still nope. So basically gave up. Is quite annoying as seems to be so much choice. Alcohol in general I don't usually have

My missus is the same - can't stand any wine. She doesn't like olives either. We drink mocktails together now! 

11 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I was never that fussy!

7 minutes ago, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

I've tried plenty "decent" red wines. I do not like them

All that means is you don't like them. Doesn't make them shite. 

8 minutes ago, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

It's got nothing to do with the quality, it's still just a slab of fucking meat on a plate. Boring shite.

Maybe you're doing it wrong? 

55 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

I used to love Rose about ten year ago. It had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that sitting in the Ferry with bottles of Rose on your table brought all the gals to my yard and they were like, it's better than yaaars. 

Woke up one morning as near deaths door as I'd ever been and now can't even be around an open bottle of it, the smell alone makes me wretch. 

Red wine and lemonade is a superb summer drink; red wine and Irn Bru (or Coca Cola, which the Spanish actually do) is crossing the line into total fucking nonsense.. 

Edited by vikingTON

Bacon is overrated.  People who think it's amazing are the same group of people who list "1984" as their favourite book and "The Shawshank Redemption" as their favourite film - expand your horizons you fucking philistines.