Unpopular opinions.

7 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I don't get why you didn't try to get the dog off the cat but w/e enjoy your new relationship with your neighbour I guess.

My 4 year old Labrador has in the past caught and killed a couple of Myxied rabbits (a mercy, really). No chance he'd catch anything healthy in the open.  Presumably this dog had the cat cornered. Appreciate other breeds might be faster than my guy, still though, can't imagine there wasn't sufficient noise and commotion to alert the guy to stop the dog killing the cat if he wanted to.

Edited by renton

2 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I don't get why you didn't try to get the dog off the cat but w/e enjoy your new relationship with your neighbour I guess.

It happened at the bottom of the garden, behind the shed, and from start to finish took about 10-15 seconds. The cat wasn't killed instantly, but had to be put down by a vet. 

This resulted in a letter from the Dog Warden informing us he'd made our dog the subject of a DCN (Dog Control Notice), effectively a dog ASBO. It meant he had to be kept on a leash and muzzled when in a public place.

In the end we found another home for him, the stress it was causing us as we worried whether it would happen again just wasn't worth it. 

6 minutes ago, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

Completely false. Why do moron dog owners always spout this line?

And no, it's not completely normal at all for your dog to go and kill a cat at any sight of one.  It's clearly a violent beast and should be destroyed before it causes harm to any more innocent parties. Hope your neighbour reports you.

Cats are selfish and manipulative. What's there to argue about? Their only loyalty is to themselves. 

I don't dislike cats, by the way, just don't really see the point of them as pets. 

3 minutes ago, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

More utter nonsense.

Cats are affectionate creatures. Why would they be the most popular pet in world if this wasn't the case?

Who's saying they're not affectionate? Or popular? Who wouldn't be charmed  by a cute cuddly kitten?

1 minute ago, hk blues said:

What a ridiculous thing to say

Jesus, what have I started here?  They're cats. If you have one as a pet and it gives you companionship and comfort, fair enough. 

I just don't see the point of them. 

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

On a side note, how did the racist/sectarian chanting go last night?

You on the Strepsils today?

A few funny looks for burning a cross in the stand but fine other than that.

2 minutes ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Who's saying they're not affectionate? Or popular? Who wouldn't be charmed  by a cute cuddly kitten?

Jesus, what have I started here?  They're cats. If you have one as a pet and it gives you companionship and comfort, fair enough. 

I just don't see the point of them. 

After fish, cats are the most popular pets in the world, so a statement that you don't see the point of them is going to create a bit of  a reaction

25 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Cats are for people who can't be arsed putting any effort into being a pet owner, which I suppose covers most of the population.

Dogs are for people who have a fetish for picking up shite and annyoing people by taking their pets into pubs.

Edited by Romeo

I used to like cats and dogs but now that I’ve grown up a bit I find them both boring, predictable and largely unnecessary to be around. Was up visiting my parents last week and I honestly hardly even acknowledged the dogs that I once loved, one of them is clearly on the way out as well.