Unpopular opinions.

On 20/12/2018 at 13:40, Ross Forbes said:

'The Inbetweeners' was absolutely horrendous television, and I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would watch it - let alone get excited about a reunion show ten years on. 

It also created some of the worst patter ever copied from a TV show into real life. Going through school with people using 'fwends' was one of the major reasons why I was delighted to get away from the place.

i've seen the film and i've seen 2/3 episodes max of the series and i can't agree more,reminds me of wee english wankers on holidays when i was young

25 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Is it ok to like Brewdog, craft beer and normal pubs/supermarket lager without being a paedo? 

Asking for a friend.

wouldn't call your friend a paedo since he does like normal beer but i would ignore him in the street

I’m sorry mate but the Venn diagram of paedos, people who like BrewDog, and men who wear Toms, is just a circle.

By having a dislike, bordering on hatred, for brewdog I feel I remove myself from the dangerous territory. That and finding the idea of being a paedophile abhorrent but I would say that eh...
Toms are essential summer wear. Take off your sambas and catch up, grandad.

1 minute ago, NJ2 said:

By having a dislike, bordering on hatred, for brewdog I feel I remove myself from the dangerous territory. That and finding the idea of being a paedophile abhorrent but I would say that eh...
Toms are essential summer wear. Take off your sambas and catch up, grandad.

Paedo

I'd like to add to this:
- given the ever greater natural resources required to sustain the demands of humanity, curing cancer and increasing the population even further would not necessarily be a good thing big picture.
- too much emphasis is placed on length of time living and not enough on quality of life

I wasn’t that cold hearted! I don’t mind what age i am when i snuff it but once i need round the clock care and i start pishing myself just shoot me . Dementia is truly horrible. I wouldn’t wish it on anyonw and is quite demanding in terms of resources .
Maybe only 7% of over 65s have it , but 65 isn’t really that old in today’s terms. I think above 85 rates start approaching 50%

I've never really understood the desire/need to live to an advanced age.

If...and it's a huge 'if', you still have all your mental and physical faculties then good for you but for the vast majority of people, bodies and brains start to break down after 6 or 7 decades. Years back, you would almost certainly have been dead by then anyway but with modern medical advances, that's no longer the case. Our culture seems to have this obsession with preserving life at all costs; placing quantity before quality whereas I really can't see the appeal of spending my last decade or two, vegetating in a rest home waiting to die.

My fervent hope is that when the appropriate time comes, I'm in a position to firstly recognise that, and then be able to control my own off-the-coil-shuffling without well meaning doctors, family members or religious nutters forcing me to stay alive.    

3 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

I've never really understood the desire/need to live to an advanced age.

If...and it's a huge 'if', you still have all your mental and physical faculties then good for you but for the vast majority of people, bodies and brains start to break down after 6 or 7 decades. Years back, you would almost certainly have been dead by then anyway but with modern medical advances, that's no longer the case. Our culture seems to have this obsession with preserving life at all costs; placing quantity before quality whereas I really can't see the appeal of spending my last decade or two, vegetating in a rest home waiting to die.

My fervent hope is that when the appropriate time comes, I'm in a position to firstly recognise that, and then be able to control my own off-the-coil-shuffling without well meaning doctors, family members or religious nutters forcing me to stay alive.    

I've always meant to get around to bunging a supply of top quality heroin, cocaine and LSD in the the freezer so when it all gets a bit much I can go out with a bang. Wouldn't have a clue where to get hold of it mind. There's a few in my extended family who live well into their nineties, I've an aunt who's 104, and when I visit they say they've had enough and just want to go, the ones who have kept their marbles that is. There are also happy, alert and fit people I've met in their 90s, so it's not a rule. It would be nice not to give someone else the responsibility of ending your life when it's just a painful wait till the end.