Unpopular opinions.

to be honest, if i was to find that your favourite band was, say, the red hot chili peppers, and knowing that mine is frightened rabbit (not a great example, but a band that most of the people i know are unaware of), i would think of myself as much cooler than

you. also, when talking to someone new, i'll find them much more interesting if their favourite band is lesser known.

i'm not one of these people that hates all mainstream music, most of my favourite bands are extremely popular. just needed to

make that clear.

1. If you seriously think that you are cooler than someone because you like lesser known bands than they do, it's hilarious.

2. Frightened Rabbit are class (not an unpopular opinion I wouldn't have thought just wanted to agree with you).

This is pish. For a start there was a perfectly good community centre built for them a few hundred yards away. Why they were trying to open that old deathtrap I have no idea.

And stopping people falling through a ceiling or having a beam collapse on their head isn't PC gone mad.

Read the thread title again, ya pile o' tripe.:lol: :lol: :lol:

1. If you seriously think that you are cooler than someone because you like lesser known bands than they do, it's hilarious.

2. Frightened Rabbit are class (not an unpopular opinion I wouldn't have thought just wanted to agree with you).

i look like a skins character and play guitar. i've basically maxed out the coolness stakes tongue.gif

I'm not religious at all but Jesus was a real dude, married, had kids and had a pretty good idea about how people should live their lives in general.

Bartosz Tarachulski was actually a decent footballer

Wengers style of play is rubbish tippy tappy nonsense with no penetration whatsoever

Eminem is the greatest, most original music artist of all time

They should scrap a new Forth crossing and create a tunnel instead

Carol Vordermans still got it :wub:

I'm not religious at all but Jesus was a real dude, married, had kids and had a pretty good idea about how people should live their lives in general.

In what way is this an unpopular viewpoint? In the Western world a huge number of the irreligious think Jesus was 1) real and 2) good.

It's weird that you're holding him up as some kind of nice family man when his actual words on the families of others were ones of outright dismissal and cruelty.

Unpopular thoughts:

I don't mind the Old Firm. Under Strachan and Smith especially, both teams were full of Scottish players, playing in Europe, and I happily cheered them on. I also think that OF fans get too hard a time sometimes, yes there are fuds, but a lot of the time, they are no worse than any other fans. Oh, and I don't see what is wrong with most (not all) of the songs that the OF sing, particularly Celtic. I don't see the problem with the likes of Go Home British Soldiers and Boys of the Old Brigade. In fact, I fucking love Boys of the Old Brigade.

Unpopular thoughts:

I don't mind the Old Firm. Under Strachan and Smith especially, both teams were full of Scottish players, playing in Europe, and I happily cheered them on. I also think that OF fans get too hard a time sometimes, yes there are fuds, but a lot of the time, they are no worse than any other fans. Oh, and I don't see what is wrong with most (not all) of the songs that the OF sing, particularly Celtic. I don't see the problem with the likes of Go Home British Soldiers and Boys of the Old Brigade. In fact, I fucking love Boys of the Old Brigade.

aye, but you're a fanny.

to be honest, if i was to find that your favourite band was, say, the red hot chili peppers, and knowing that mine is frightened rabbit (not a great example, but a band that most of the people i know are unaware of), i would think of myself as much cooler than you. also, when talking to someone new, i'll find them much more interesting if their favourite band is lesser known.

i'm not one of these people that hates all mainstream music, most of my favourite bands are extremely popular. just needed to make that clear.

Two things. First of all, Frightened Rabbit are pretty well known now, I think if somebody told me FR are their favourite band I wouldn't think "I'm impressed with this persons musical knowledge and taste", because most people I know under the age of 25 know and like Frightened Rabbit. All the truly wanky people prefer The Twighlight Sad anyway dahling. ;)

Secondly, The Red Hot Chili Peppers have some great songs. They certainly aren't my favourite band, but you have to be a bit of a bawbag to look down on people for liking them imo. The only band I would look down on someone if they declared them their favourite band is Coldplay. This has nothing to do with how big they are (my three favourite bands are all as big as they come and often disliked by the music police types), it's just how dull they are. Don't get me wrong they are easy listening and have some alright songs, it's not a crime in my eyes to like them. However if your favourite band in the world is something as beige as that you are obviously a c**t imo.

Mind you I'm a huge fan of Oasis, so tuck into that all you want.