Unpopular opinions.

I was speaking from a Top 40 charts p.o.v. The music I own that has been high in the charts is all old stuff back when people used to buy the clash, AC/DC ect. albums and they used to be the popular bands of the time, who have we now, Tiesto and Jedward....

The bands that are around now that I do buy albums of are such like Rancid, Airbourne and so forth. But to be honest, I'd rather listen to Original Punk rock.

I agree that a lot of music in the charts is poor but plenty of decent artists get exposure in the charts, it's not like it's exclusively for godawful acts. The album charts especially have loads of good acts making the top five, I mean Iron Maiden got a number one very recently :lol:

Edited by NotThePars

How many "real" punk bands have been out after 1995?

5th reincarnation of The Exploited or the bloated Sex Pistols who became everything they once railed against?

Don't say green day or I'll have to tell you to f**k off

None... hence why in the OP, I haven't bought a chart CD post 95. wink.gif

Real ale is minging and tastes like donkey pish.

Buckfast and MD 20/20 are perfectly acceptable beverages.

All drugs should be legalized and taxed(dont start supras, you boring little twat).

Bill Hicks is not funny.

Physical violence is acceptable in some circumstances.

Social networking sites are a load of rubbish.

I do not care about disasters etc that do not directly affect me or my family/friends.

The Tartan Army are a joke and an embarrassment to the country and put me off following the scotland team home or away.

I agree with all of them and will state my reasons:

Real Ale IS donkey pish

Bucky is a sweet wine even though "the term Tonic wine does not mean containing healing propities"

Drugs will be available legal or not, the gov might as well tax them and get some money and some safe gear out there.

Bill Hicks really isn't funny... at all, Dave Chappelle is the best American stand up ever.

Violence is fine.... only when in violent circumstances, like seeing a woman put a cat in a bin.

Bebo is for c***s.

Pakistan floods, Haiti quake was/is sad but I don't need 24/7 news on it, bottom line is I cannot help and telling me about it is only going to make me feel sorry for them and at worst depressed.

Tartan Army are good in the way they don't get in riots but they are a disgrace for making us look like fucking stereotypes, and sing THE GAYEST FOOTBALL SONG EVER!!!! Doe-a-fucking-deer, a sound of music song, middle aged men in kilts singing doe a deer. What an embarrassment.

I agree with these three. Every time I mention "boring sports" to watch on TV, I always mention golf and cricket, to which some of my mates go crazy (they agree about the cricket though). To me, watching golf is watching a golf ball, with a background of blue sky or clouds. I guess playing it is allright, but watching it? Snoozefest.

Most of the music I listen to doesn't appear in these charts because it's a different genre.

As people get older they lose their reflexes (along with other things like awareness etc), driving checks is the safe option.

Cricket is basically rounders/baseball made shit. NO sport should take longer than a day to complete a game, neither should it be stopped for rain!

The Old folks driving cars thing is fine... if they do it right, As Jeremy Clarkson said "It's not the 17 year olds you need to watch out for, it's the old people, when was the last time you heard of a 17 year old driving up the wrong way up a motorway, or driving a nissan micra into the sea, or a people carrier onto a level crossing"

I was on the way to the airport a few months ago (stanstead) and on the big roudabout about a mile away there was an elderly couple PARKED in the middle of the roundabout looking at a map.... they are a danger.

The music I own that has been high in the charts is all old stuff back when people used to buy the clash, AC/DC ect. albums and they used to be the popular bands of the time, who have we now, Tiesto and Jedward....

You do realise that metal bands still find their way easily to the top end of the charts, don't you ?

The View are the best band ever.

Red Wine is pish.

I will quite happily celebrate the death of Maggie Thatcher and not feel guilty at all.

Communism is better than Capitalism.

Hayley Williams, Miley Cyrus and Ellie Goulding are much hotter than Katey Perry, Angelina Jolie and Megan Fox.

Hamsters are by far the best type of pet.

Fans of lower league clubs just don't understand the difference between a friendly and a competitive match

Family Guy is shit compared to South Park and The Simpsons

The Tartan army are just pissheads who are just as bigoted as Celtic and Rangers fans.

Taking drugs is miles better than getting pished.

Don't know if I missed anything out.

You do realise that metal bands still find their way easily to the top end of the charts, don't you ?

Yeah but I'm not much of a metalhead, There is a few that get to the top that I do like, I think I over-exagerated a bit, I should have stated the vast majority of my cds are more than 15 years old.

The View are the best band ever.

Red Wine is pish.

I will quite happily celebrate the death of Maggie Thatcher and not feel guilty at all.

Communism is better than Capitalism.

Hayley Williams, Miley Cyrus and Ellie Goulding are much hotter than Katey Perry, Angelina Jolie and Megan Fox.

Hamsters are by far the best type of pet.

Fans of lower league clubs just don't understand the difference between a friendly and a competitive match

Family Guy is shit compared to South Park and The Simpsons

The Tartan army are just pissheads who are just as bigoted as Celtic and Rangers fans.

Taking drugs is miles better than getting pished.

Don't know if I missed anything out.

Thatcher, I can understand, I too will celebrate the popes death and not feel guilty either.

Communism doesn't work, it's flawed, a good idea but it doesn't work.

If the Tartan army showed the same stupid levels of hatrid that they do towards the English to the Irish then they would get called bigots and all that comes along with it, What Rangers are to the irish / What celtic are to the British union is the same as what The Tartan Army are to the English. All 3 are stupid..... Apart from the first one. ph34r.giftongue.gif

Everyones got some, what are yours.

I hate family guy, it's just not funny, Peter always goes off the plot and says something like "aww ya think thaaats baaad, remember the time "something stupid happened" with "an old celeb""

I think watching golf or F1 on tv is one of the most boring things to do.

All music in the Top 40 charts in the last decade has been shit.

T-K MAXX is better than Primark.

I hate ASDA and Sainsburys. Tesco/CO-OP Loyal.

Chris Rock isn't funny.

People over 70 should face annual driving checks.

Those are a few of mine no doubt the majority would disagree, but thats why they are "unpopular opinions" What are yours?

didn't you go on a rage against the machine bender around christmas time?

edit - you've been pulled up on this already

Edited by bullywee

Cricket and Formula 1 are fascinating to watch, and cricket great fun to play (can't say I've ever driven a Formula 1 car but I can imagine it's the cat's pyjamas)

Rugby is every bit as good as Football: to watch or play.

Dogs are really irritating, and both Cats and Hamsters are superior pets.

Margaret Thatcher doesn't deserve as considerable vilification as that to which she's subjected.

Top flight football is almost always boring for the neutral: both in Scotland and England. The Scottish National team are also extraordinarily boring and I've felt no strong interest in them since France 98.

The Coalition Government is doing a reasonable job in nightmarish circumstances.

Radio 1 is full of shite.

We should place minimal restrictions on immigration. If someone can prove they don't pose a threat to the criminal law of the land, they should be granted a work visa.

Edited by Ad Lib

Rugby is every bit as good as Football: to watch or play.

Dogs are really irritating, and both Cats and Hamsters are superior pets.

We should place minimal restrictions on immigration. If someone can prove they don't pose a threat to the criminal law of the land, they should be granted a work visa.

Agreed on all three of those.

I like rugby, I barely watch it or play it but on the rare occasions I've played, it's been great. Watching it is good too because it is a proper professional game, where captains can discuss things with referees and players don't go crying because someone knocked them down.

I much prefer cats, I find it annoying when a dog barks at you for no reason.

Definitely agree on immigrants. They are people too, regardless of what the BNP etc tell you.

I'd probably agree with you on Radio 1, but I don't listen to it so I wouldn't know.

Guns 'n' Roses are not that good....bar 2 songs that's about it.

Mongrels on BBC 3 was actually quite funny and should get another series

Baseball is a better sport to watch than Ice Hockey or Basketball

NASCAR racing gets a bad rep and is at times more entertaining than the BTCC (British Touring Cars Championship) which now resembles banger racing

The rule of thumb which states If it's moving and it's not meant to, use Duck Tape is not a valid form of repair.......no matter how many times the old man repeats it.

People who don't dance to ELO's Mr Blue Sky should be shot on the spot for they could possibley be the devil in disguise.

Edited by Mackie The Staggie

Clearly I don't have any unpopular opinions as everyone seems to think the opposite view is the unpopular one. I don't think anyone could argue with any of the following which are already on record as being my heartfelt opinion.

For example I think Margaret Thatcher is the UK's best post war leader bar none, like everyone else does.

I think the NHS is a monumental waste of money, it's grossly inefficient and ineffective and that a private sector healthcare system would be much better value for money

I think our education system should be radically reformed, and taken out of taxpayer funded status. The public sector should only offer scholarships to those who have shown the right work ethic, enterprise, endeavour and ability and who will dedicate themselves to a lifetime of public service.

I think all people from Greenock are deformed inbreds, mentally retarded and socially inept

I think all people from Paisley are unwashed drug abusers with a paranoia level that goes off the scale. - edited to add a note that Ralston is NOT in Paisley.

Edited by Law Stud