Unpopular opinions.

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/08/2022 at 10:54, BFTD said:

I couldn't give less of a shit about England's women winning the Euros.

I'm sure it would be different if I still lived down South and the press was doing their usual jingoistic triumphalism, but thankfully I've heard/seen nothing about it here, other than on the BBC's front page, so it's about a relevant as when they win a cricket match.

I did notice some quotes about how hosting the tournament will cause a massive increase in participation. I'd imagine that'll go the same way as the much-trumpeted revolution in athletic participation after the 2012 Olympics.

As soon as they get knocked out of the next tournament then few men will give a toss.

Stepping back and looking at it from a higher level, the second most populous nation in Europe winning the European tournament for their most popular sport shouldn't really be seen as anything all that special.   I can get the "at f***ing last!" celebration part, but the "incredible / unbelievable achievement!" part doing the media rounds is ridiculously OTT.

If anything, it just highlights how sh*te the men's team has been that outperforming them by one Euros is perceived as being 'incredible'.

Edited by Hedgecutter

5 hours ago, throbber said:

Ready salted McCoy’s are the best crisps going.

They aren't even the best McCoy's! That award goes to the Thai Sweet Chicken flavour. Flame Grilled Steak and Salt and Vinegar are better too. Bacon Sizzler too now that I think about it.

5 hours ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Settle boys. Frisps, any flavour. End of.

I had some Frisps a few months back. They were incredibly disappointing. Oddly oily.