Unpopular opinions.

On 26/06/2022 at 17:34, BFTD said:

Texas, eh?

Apparently he shagged a bunch of other high school kids in his mid-twenties too: https://www.heraldscotland.com/life_style/arts_ents/13789071.one-last-interviews-john-peel-talks-school-days-radio-1-peter-powell/

Edit: sorry, I obviously meant "got sucked off by", not shagged. He tried to shag them, but they wouldn't let him. Much better.

FTFY

Petition update · I've contacted Glastonbury officially · Change.org

9 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

It is strange how shagging underage girls is overlooked with some people. I guess it comes down to how well liked they were in other areas of their life.

I also get the impression that some people, men and women, don't think that statutory rape is a big deal once a kid's entered puberty.

wearing a suit....what the f**k is that all about. it's not 1922. (I really don't give a f**k how people dress, but)

If people can't see you as the person speaking, not what your wearing, then they can f**k off.

Never wore a suit, ever. Also got every job after the interview.

Been sitting in a wee room (for interviews) with other players (which is shite), they all looked me up and down. 

I just said 'looking good, pity, you got dressed up', then😉.

Edited by SlipperyP

10 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Further to my post on PTTGOYN, women's football is awful and has no place on mainstream TV or media.

Not sure this is an unpopular opinion?
either way, I agree, it’s shite. Couldn’t care less about the ‘Euros’ that have just started. 

17 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

wearing a suit....what the f**k is that all about. it's not 1922. (I really don't give a f**k how people dress, but)

If people can't see you as the person speaking, not what your wearing, then they can f**k off.

Been sitting in a wee room (for interviews) with other players (which is shite), they all looked me up and down. 

I see you as a person who can't be arsed making an effort and judge you accordingly 

18 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Employers want to know if you're willing to bend to their will. If you're not willing to change your appearance for no good reason, who knows what else you might stand up to them over. You're clearly a potential troublemaker.

You threatened to drown their dugs unless you got the jobs, didn't you?

12 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Further to my post on PTTGOYN, women's football is awful and has no place on mainstream TV or media.

It was bad enough first time round without you repeating it.

You can enjoy women's football for its own sake and on its own terms.  Plus with Rangers, Celtic and G City being professional teams and with Hibs and Hearts going semi-pro from this season we now have opportunities for young lassies to aim for a career in sport.  This is a good thing. 

As a little example...Broughton Academy in Embra is - delightfully - an SFA Performance School.  Here's a photo of this year's 'graduates'.  Only one of them has a league-winning medal for playing for their team at the highest level in Scottish Football:

1076377401_broughtonperformance.thumb.jpeg.cf1b14b93f1d91dbee9bc5950c3d9423.jpeg

Plus with Rangers, Celtic and G City being professional teams and with Hibs and Hearts going semi-pro from this season we now have opportunities for young lassies to aim for a career in sport.  This is a good thing. 

Now have opportunities? There were opportunities before.

6 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Wearing a suit to interviews or expecting others to is the worst kind of boomer behaviour.

I work - albeit part-time - in recruitment and you are 100% right.  The alternative though raises that other P&B bête noire:  Chinos - yes I said it - matched with a smart shirt are almost always acceptable.