Unpopular opinions.

46 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

The Beetles are/were overrated shite, and that includes any solo career or subsequent band formed by any of its members.

Definitely overrated but they did have some good stuff, particularly latterly. I often like their songs being covered by other bands rather than the originals.

I think they, and a few comedians, influence my dislike of Liverpool as a place. Too many pubs etc trading on a tenuous connection. Places called Ringo's and Lennon's etc.

Just now, Mr. Alli said:

I can quite easily listen to the Beatles being on in the background. No chance would I ever go (or have gone) to see them live. Sod that.

Wouldn't worry about it mate. He's been at it for a couple of days over the whole forum. He'll be gone soon enough for his other posts.

I know you know, but any time it is getting too much, feel free to fire a PM my way to vent. They are an utter twat in any case.

1 minute ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Ho, ho...............you are at it.

Just now, Moomintroll said:

Really? How so? Scrambled Eggs is the most played song ever on Radio so he must be doing something right.

How am I at it?

It's all about opinions with music, and I think the Beetles are overrated shite.

Just because a radio station says listen to this, doesn't mean I have to enjoy it.

I can quite easily listen to the Beatles being on in the background. No chance would I ever go (or have gone) to see them live. Sod that.

I used to work in an up-market corner shop in Edinburgh. The owner only allowed The Beatles or classical music to be played.
Utter torture.

23 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

I loved music festivals when I was in my late teens/ early 20s , don't think I could be arsed with them now although that's probably because I'm a boring auld c**t

Yeah, I suppose a music festival probably does look hellish to me now, but I have to acknowledge that its me not them. Like you, I had a rare time at TITP etc when I was more capable of sustained drinking and drug taking/not going for shite for 3 days

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

Definitely overrated but they did have some good stuff, particularly latterly. I often like their songs being covered by other bands rather than the originals.

I think they, and a few comedians, influence my dislike of Liverpool as a place. Too many pubs etc trading on a tenuous connection. Places called Ringo's and Lennon's etc.

I live nearby & have had my issues with the place & some people in the past, but overall Liverpool is a great City with great people living there. I know I will always get a great welcome on a night out there as I am not from that London or its environs.

4 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

How am I at it?

It's all about opinions with music, and I think the Beetles are overrated shite.

Just because a radio station says listen to this, doesn't mean I have to enjoy it.

In a way, I agree, all music is subjective, and as much as I do like them, The Beatles can be overrated yet they are one of the best bands of all time. 3 singer songwriters of high quality, at the same time, in the same place, plus oor Dick. This is not a trap but who are your favourite bands?

2 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

In a way, I agree, all music is subjective, and as much as I do like them, The Beatles can be overrated yet they are one of the best bands of all time. 3 singer songwriters of high quality, at the same time, in the same place, plus oor Dick. This is not a trap but who are your favourite bands?

Its not really about the music with the Beatles. I'd say they are over-revered rather than overrated

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

The Beetles are/were overrated shite, and that includes any solo career or subsequent band formed by any of its members.

Would agree with this, although I do have the vinyl of the following...

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Its not really about the music with the Beatles. I'd say they are over-revered rather than overrated

That is a good point, Pink Floyd are my favourite band but a lot of people take their reverence of every single song too far. Even the best churn out some turkeys.

15 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Queen are probably the best general listen imo. But I have favourite depending on my mood. The Beetles have never been it.

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Queen are probably the best general listen imo. But I have favourite depending on my mood. The Beetles have never been it.

Stop spelling it wrong, or at least call them the Silver Beetles, I do love Queen however, a band with 4 singer/songwriters & the best frontman of all time.