Unpopular opinions.

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

TBF, some of Tom Cruise's films are excellent, especially when he plays a c**t, like Interview with the Vampire and Collateral. I also thought he was excellent in Valkyrie.

Collateral is probably my favourite of the ones I've seen but it's just... there. You can put it on for an hour and a half, watch it, not be bored or annoyed at any point then immediately stop thinking about it once it's done. 

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

Top Gun is a classic and you're all speaking shite. 

The spectacular aerial fight scenes with the guitar motif over the top, the bromance, the ott melodrama and the many quotable lines put it head and shoulders above Iron Eagle and (almost unbelievable that this needs said) Cocktail. 

4dbbeb1ed01e6f8430ca493e1193483a.gif.e6326ece28d80219e810e1143f27a1f1.gif

Popular opinions thread for this pish.

9 hours ago, Paul Kersey said:

Risky Business is the best Tom Cruise film.

It has everything; humour, drama, sexy burds, fast cars and a great soundtrack.

A stone cold '80s classic.

Nah, A Few Good Men was the best.

2 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

I think a winter World Cup will be better than a summer one.

A proper winter world cup in a cold country would be even better.

I'd love to see a world cup where it's fucking freezing, with snow piled up at the side of the pitch.

In order for a country to bid for the world cup, all the stadiums requirements must be in place before the bid can be submitted. none of this white elephants in the middle of nowhere pish

might exclude many poorer nations from upgrading their grounds but at the same time f**k them, spend the money on something better. it's only fitbaw at the end of the day

1 minute ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

In order for a country to bid for the world cup, all the stadiums requirements must be in place before the bid can be submitted. none of this white elephants in the middle of nowhere pish

might exclude many poorer nations from upgrading their grounds but at the same time f**k them, spend the money on something better. it's only fitbaw at the end of the day

Has any country ever had the stadiums ready at the time of the bid?

The Godfather is overrated. 

Watched it twice and not getting the hype. Will go back again and see if that helps. I really liked the second one though but neither of them come close to Goodfellas.