Unpopular opinions.

This will be a biggie.

I don't give a f**k about Wales. No feelings about them or their country either way, and they're virtually irrelevant to Scotland.

However, I'd be quite pleased for them if they beat Ukraine, as they're a complete diddy nation who haven't qualified for a World Cup in about seventy years, while Ukraine have absolutely stunk out every tournament they've ever qualified for, and I'm not convinced this side would be any different. It's a great shame what's been allowed to happen to their country, but the opportunity to shitfest through another few football matches on the big stage isn't going to change that.

40 minutes ago, BFTD said:

This will be a biggie.

I don't give a f**k about Wales. No feelings about them or their country either way, and they're virtually irrelevant to Scotland.

However, I'd be quite pleased for them if they beat Ukraine, as they're a complete diddy nation who haven't qualified for a World Cup in about seventy years, while Ukraine have absolutely stunk out every tournament they've ever qualified for, and I'm not convinced this side would be any different. It's a great shame what's been allowed to happen to their country, but the opportunity to shitfest through another few football matches on the big stage isn't going to change that.

Obviously Dave got Ukraine in the Office Sweep for the last World Cup...

Spoiler

As did I... Useless b*****ds 

1 minute ago, tamthebam said:

Obviously Dave got Ukraine in the Office Sweep for the last World Cup...

Hide contents

As did I... Useless b*****ds 

Think I got Switzerland IIRC.

They can GTF too.

Possibly not an unpopular opinion, however even prior to the match tonight, I had no desire to be bothered with the Qatar World Cup. A lousy “paid for” festival of wealth bought on the bodies of 6k+ Asian workers doesn’t sit easy with me and I’m fairly relaxed we won’t be there.
I’ll be in my 60s before I see Scotland in a World Cup but that’s better than enjoying this upcoming nonsense.

5 minutes ago, deegee said:

Possibly not an unpopular opinion, however even prior to the match tonight, I had no desire to be bothered with the Qatar World Cup. A lousy “paid for” festival of wealth bought on the bodies of 6k+ Asian workers doesn’t sit easy with me and I’m fairly relaxed we won’t be there.
I’ll be in my 60s before I see Scotland in a World Cup but that’s better than enjoying this upcoming nonsense.

How old are you now?

Just curious so I can make a note for my son to take my ashes to one of the games.

1 minute ago, BFTD said:

How old are you now?

Just curious so I can make a note for my son to take my ashes to one of the games.

53 next month. If we qualify next time I’m pushing 58 but considering last time I watched us at a World Cup match getting pumped 3-0 by Morocco in 1998, I am not holding my breath  anytime soon. I’ll probably be a grandfather before and I wasn’t even a father if you split the times before last and next Scottish participation 

11 minutes ago, deegee said:

53 next month. If we qualify next time I’m pushing 58 but considering last time I watched us at a World Cup match getting pumped 3-0 by Morocco in 1998, I am not holding my breath  anytime soon. I’ll probably be a grandfather before and I wasn’t even a father if you split the times before last and next Scottish participation 

Earlier tonight, I muttered the phrase "we're never qualifying for a World Cup again" literally five seconds before Callum McGregor scored.

The superstitious part of my brain is currently debating whether I made the goal happen, or whether I stopped us scoring more  :unsure:

6 hours ago, deegee said:

We’d only complain it’s too hot anyway.

6 hours ago, deegee said:

I am 54 and was at that game too - I took the qualifying and trips to world cups in Italy and France for granted - sadly it looks like the footballing authorities did the same and loads of other countries have now overtaken us.

As for the "unpopular opinion" bit of your first post, I tend to agree with you regardless of the media telling us otherwise.

Stumbling over the qualifying line and being skelped out in the first round of matches in a 50 degree hellhole would be another level of shiteness.

Ally McCoist is a good analyst at the football but he is a staunch, royalist tory voter who just had a rant about GCC not putting on any events for the Pkatinum Jubilee. He obviously forgot the royal wedding where they couldn't even behave in a park and how anything connected will ne hijacked by knuckledraggers resulting in criminal damage and social disorder. 

33 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The Qatar World Cup is going to be nonsensical. I’d still want Scotland to be there though.

Pretty much my take on it also. As WC's go this will be a sham, a farce, a sportswashing disgrace. Still wish we were there though. 

Just hope that Ukraine/Wales go and pump England.