Unpopular opinions.

22 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I just assume that every poster 40 and over dresses like Brian Rice and every one below 30 is cool as f**k. 30-39 is iffy.

Brian Rice is a bit of an over trendy fashionista type for me. I prefer the John Mcglynn look. 

21 hours ago, aDONisSheep said:

I actually admire people who simply don't care about what they look like and how they dress.  One of my best friends just does not give a fvk about clothes.  He owns about 5 t-shirts (some of which are >20 years old), this is supplemented by about 5 white (greyish) work shirts.  His shoes are 'pratical'... you get the picture.

This is pretty much me. I do not understand people spending a lot of money on clothes or buying a lot of them.

It really isn't about what I think is acceptable, I'm in complete agreement with you that people should be free to wear whatever the hell they like. 
The reason I 'care' is because I'm completely baffled by grown men that seemingly couldn't care less about their own appearance and are happy to dress in whatever Maw has ordered from the clubbie book.
I personally see my outwardly appearance as an expression of who I am. Again, I agree with you the fashion industry is largely puerile and largely about vanity and precious little else, but it's perfectly possible to dress yourself well, individually, or distinctively, without having to either spend a fortune on brands or be a slave to the latest, ever-changing trends.
I just do not understand men who still cut about looking like overgrown primary school bairns, because rightly or wrongly, the impression that it gives off is of someone who doesn't have any pride whatsoever in their appearance, is quite likely a slovenly git, and you will undoubtedly be viewed as the sort of person who is an antisocial blight on society. I accept this is entirely unfair and prejudicial, but people draw conclusions based on appearances, and if you are wearing the uniform of a thick, moronic, ned, that's what people will take you for.

I'm the complete opposite tbh. I really couldn't care how I look the vast majority of the time. I cut about in shorts almost exclusively as I feel far more comfortable in them than jeans or trousers. If folk are judging me on my appearance they can fire in. If they are so shallow as to judge my personality based on how I dress then I doubt I'd have any interest in conversing with them anyway so it's no loss to me.

I struggle to compute why people spend so much money on clothing items. I see tshirts priced at £60 and just laugh. f**k that. Folk will pay a fortune for a logo which honestly baffles me. But each to their own.

I take pride in my appearance when I'm at work or if I go out for a meal/occasion. But anything that isn't even remotely formal I'll be in shorts. I actually detest having to dress nicely for weddings/funerals as I feel incredibly uncomfortable.

On 15/04/2022 at 01:20, ManBearPig said:

When I worked in retail, there used to be a guy that came in to the shop regularly. He was in his late 40s/ early 50s. Every time he came in, he was decked head to toe in Celtic gear. Celtic tracky with the top open so you could see the Celtic top underneath and the tracky bottoms tucked in to Celtic socks. The whole ensemble was topped off with a Celtic beanie hat. He came in one time a few days before the start of a season and I was being pushed by management to make conversation with the customers. In lieu of something better to talk about, I asked if he was looking forward to the start of the new season.

He responded quite seriously with: "I'm not really fussed mate".

I was just bemused, surely this is OFTW behaviour? 

Sounds more like he just couldn't be arsed making small talk with you.

4 hours ago, Paul Kersey said:

Sounds more like he just couldn't be arsed making small talk with you.

I expected some sort of response like this. He was the kind of guy that never stopped talking. Just genuinely didn't seem into football.

I expected some sort of response like this. He was the kind of guy that never stopped talking. Just genuinely didn't seem into football.
It saddens me when someone talks to me in a way that's obviously been encouraged by their manager. Its really obvious when it's happening.

I'm not the sort to initiate random conversations but il talk to folk who want to talk to me for whatever reason. But in cases like you mention, I just cannot be fucked with it.

Good chance this lad was the same.

Still OFTW though whether he's into football or not.

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It saddens me when someone talks to me in a way that's obviously been encouraged by their manager. Its really obvious when it's happening.

I'm not the sort to initiate random conversations but il talk to folk who want to talk to me for whatever reason. But in cases like you mention, I just cannot be fucked with it.

Good chance this lad was the same.

Still OFTW though whether he's into football or not.

True, I am a pretty boring c**t tbf. Now that I think about it he used to chat to me nearly every day and I don't think he ever mentioned football. Always just thought it was odd.

On 15/04/2022 at 01:20, ManBearPig said:

When I worked in retail, there used to be a guy that came in to the shop regularly. He was in his late 40s/ early 50s. Every time he came in, he was decked head to toe in Celtic gear. Celtic tracky with the top open so you could see the Celtic top underneath and the tracky bottoms tucked in to Celtic socks. The whole ensemble was topped off with a Celtic beanie hat. He came in one time a few days before the start of a season and I was being pushed by management to make conversation with the customers. In lieu of something better to talk about, I asked if he was looking forward to the start of the new season.

He responded quite seriously with: "I'm not really fussed mate".

I was just bemused, surely this is OFTW behaviour? 

Honestly I'm a stereotypical weegie extrovert in normal company, but as soon as I go into a shop you'd get more words out of Marcel Marceau. My local bike shop is hellish for it. A million questions when all I want to do is go in, get the thing I want, pay and leave. 

I feel your man's pain here. 

10 hours ago, accies1874 said:
11 hours ago, Paul Kersey said:
It's pretty apparent that people feel uncomfortable around [mention=46670]ManBearPig[/mention] and just want to get out of there as quickly as possible.

Probs wears bootcut jeans tbh

Any excuse