Unpopular opinions.

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

I think the same with Irish. 

That would have banned Father Ted and Dave Allen and, perhaps, Roy Keane getting it up the English at tournaments and life would have been a bit less joyful 

48 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

The majority of songs on BBC Radio 6Music are terrible.

We have a winner! 

Unless somebody has already done 

"The Royal family are great. Particularly the Andrew lad." 

There has to be some viable justification for putting Women's football, (which attracts very moderate attendances at whichever ground they play) on BBC1 on a Sunday afternoon, other than "It's 2022!"...which is how my son replied when I asked why it was on.

There has to be some viable justification for putting Women's football, (which attracts very moderate attendances at whichever ground they play) on BBC1 on a Sunday afternoon, other than "It's 2022!"...which is how my son replied when I asked why it was on.
It's cheaper than alternative programming.

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

The BBC don't have commercial income to seek so can put on what they like when the like and indeed I think part of the charter is to provide a balanced coverage, of course Match of the Day is probably the most expensive/ least value for money sporting programme they have.

From a quick Google looks like the Beeb pay £6.6 million a year and a peak audience of over 1 million viewers, so just over £6 a viewer.

Match of the day (and other EPL coverage) £211.5 million for 7 million weekly viewers over MOTD&MOTD2 so £30ish a viewer.

3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Someone come collect yer da, and yer da’s da.

Unsure of the populairty of pitch invasions in general, but regardless, I counted 4 of them in the highlights of Ross County v Motherwell tonight. 
Thats too fucking many. Rap it lads. 

A pitch invasion in a league game at this stage of the season is pathetic IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Sourdough is overpriced and overrated.

Hmm. I can demolish a loaf in no time. Give me a jar of top notch marmalade or humous and a sourdough and that will keep me out of trouble for a good ten minutes or so. 

Or toasted cheese on it with a bottle of Worcester sauce to add liberally. 

Some sourdoughs are not great but a good one is a food of the gods (and decorators).

Hmm. I can demolish a loaf in no time. Give me a jar of top notch marmalade or humous and a sourdough and that will keep me out of trouble for a good ten minutes or so. 

Or toasted cheese on it with a bottle of Worcester sauce to add liberally. 

Some sourdoughs are not great but a good one is a food of the gods (and decorators).
I'm not saying it's not tasty, I'm saying that you can make just as good a loaf the standard way. Making it sourdough is just a way of tacking 10-20% on the price as a hipster tax.