Unpopular opinions.

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

Don’t think I’ve ever not been up a mountain in trainers. Fell once and landed head first on a rock. Couldn’t remember where I lived but the warm blood kept me cosy so I rubbed it on my face. We’d taken an Irn Bru bottle full of half-inched whisky up with us. 

Gordon Ramsey Idiot GIF

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Don’t think I’ve ever not been up a mountain in trainers. Fell once and landed head first on a rock. Couldn’t remember where I lived but the warm blood kept me cosy so I rubbed it on my face. We’d taken an Irn Bru bottle full of half-inched whisky up with us. 

I’m surprised you didn’t fall off the actual fucking mountain. 

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Empty It said:

The Haka isn't intimidating in the slightest and just makes whoever is doing it look ridiculous.

It's terrifying 

There was a time it was quite cool around the 90s. Then rugby went pro and everyone took themselves all seriously and it now does indeed look fucking ridiculous. It's like a west end stage show 

I love how there's one lad kens what he's doing, with the others all looking on like newbie football fans in Billy Connolly's bit about chants.

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

The Haka isn't intimidating in the slightest and just makes whoever is doing it look ridiculous.

I believe it's supposed to be a challenge, warrior to warrior.

Perhaps in the Maori Wars of the 19th Century it was done at a detachment of British soldiers who answered it with w@nker signs before shooting f*ck out of them.

As far as I can remember Scotland have never beaten New Zealand at the egg chasing so maybe the Tory posh boy tossers could try making w@nker signs next time they play 

Nothing sums up the ridiculous nature of egg-chasing more than their gormless fans 'going quiet' to let the opposition team do their stupid dance. Instead of piling on abuse and ridicule.

Unless the white colonial masters of New Zealand plan on retreating to their ships for good then they should be done for cultural appropriation as well. 

Nothing sums up the ridiculous nature of egg-chasing more than their gormless fans 'going quiet' to let the opposition team do their stupid dance. Instead of piling on abuse and ridicule.
Unless the white colonial masters of New Zealand plan on retreating to their ships for good then they should be done for cultural appropriation as well. 

It's not often they go quiet (any time I've watched it, which isn't often tbh) which is why I highlighted that I like it when the crowd is quiet.

On a similar theme, I don’t understand the outcry over booing national anthems at football. 

any opposition fan booing flower of Scotland wouldn’t bother me in the slightest, in fact that sort of hostile but harmless atmosphere is part of what makes football great. Plus it generally happens between rivals, it’s not like hampden routinely boos the likes of Faroe Islands and Georgia. 

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

On a similar theme, I don’t understand the outcry over booing national anthems at football. 

any opposition fan booing flower of Scotland wouldn’t bother me in the slightest, in fact that sort of hostile but harmless atmosphere is part of what makes football great. Plus it generally happens between rivals, it’s not like hampden routinely boos the likes of Faroe Islands and Georgia. 

England literally do boo absolutely everyone else's anthem, despite having the worst anthem in the world themselves, and are the first to whine when they get the same treatment.

Not that it matters; I just find it amusing.

I think the Haka is ridiculous. I don’t see why they get to do it on top of their national anthem as well. Why do New Zealand get preferential treatment and why do the opposition need to sit and watch it? Did England players not get fined for stepping over the half way line when NZ were doing it at the World Cup 2019?

I found out that the fitba team isn't allowed to do the Haka because FIFA has very exact time constraints for international football so NZ just don't have time to do it before the games but do one in the dressing room beforehand. Some Greek lad they called up who couldn't speak much English and only got called up because his dad happened to be born in Auckland had no idea what was going on and, the rumour goes, started crying. 

Just now, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I found out that the fitba team isn't allowed to do the Haka because FIFA has very exact time constraints for international football so NZ just don't have time to do it before the games but do one in the dressing room beforehand. Some Greek lad they called up who couldn't speak much English and only got called up because his dad happened to be born in Auckland had no idea what was going on and, the rumour goes, started crying. 

With laughter?

Nobody out of nappies would actually be scared by the Haka, surely.

England literally do boo absolutely everyone else's anthem, despite having the worst anthem in the world themselves, and are the first to whine when they get the same treatment.
Not that it matters; I just find it amusing.
The Celtic of international football, they've got such a victim complex.

I think the Haka is ridiculous. I don’t see why they get to do it on top of their national anthem as well. Why do New Zealand get preferential treatment and why do the opposition need to sit and watch it? Did England players not get fined for stepping over the half way line when NZ were doing it at the World Cup 2019?

Do they actually have to watch it? Would be some laugh if the opposition turned their backs to it.

On anthems, my UO is get them to f**k. Particularly at major tournaments. Even if you have to do it on your first game and the Final. But I'd bin them completely.