Unpopular opinions.

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

Christmas markets are shite.

Agreed. It's the same shite overpriced crepes dripping in nutella for £7 or shite mulled wine or shite cider for £7. Waste of money, shite. 

Edit: unfortunately my missus loves them and practically thinks it's the epitome of Christmas, which is also shite. Fortunately this year I think she's going with her maw, amazing. Unfortunately again, it will mean her mum will buy pointless shite and probably gift it to me / us. Shite. 

Edited by thistledo

On 02/12/2021 at 12:18, thistledo said:

Agreed. It's the same shite overpriced crepes dripping in nutella for £7 or shite mulled wine or shite cider for £7. Waste of money, shite. 

Edit: unfortunately my missus loves them and practically thinks it's the epitome of Christmas, which is also shite. Fortunately this year I think she's going with her maw, amazing. Unfortunately again, it will mean her mum will buy pointless shite and probably gift it to me / us. Shite. 

(You are 100% correct btw.)

5EE91981-6BCF-4521-9B35-2B4726327DEE.jpeg

Guest Bob Mahelp
On 02/12/2021 at 10:51, DiegoDiego said:

Christmas markets are shite.

Christmas markets in Germany and Austria are great. Christmas markets in the UK are utter shite. 

Not just Christmas markets tbh. A Saturday morning market in a French town is full of stalls selling fresh bread, amazing vegetables and local wines. 

A Saturday morning market in the UK is full of stalls selling socks, plastic crap, and hi viz jackets. 

Christmas markets in Germany and Austria are great. Christmas markets in the UK are utter shite. 
Not just Christmas markets tbh. A Saturday morning market in a French town is full of stalls selling fresh bread, amazing vegetables and local wines. 
A Saturday morning market in the UK is full of stalls selling socks, plastic crap, and hi viz jackets. 

On my way to Christmas markets 3 and 4 of the year so far! Gluhwein galore.

It's pretty widely accepted that there was a bloke called Jesus who acted as an early CE version of a Televangelist, and was crucified by Pontius Pilate

I don't doubt it. Sadly, schizophrenia probably wasn't a diagnosable thing back then.

12 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

It's pretty widely accepted that there was a bloke called Jesus who acted as an early CE version of a Televangelist, and was crucified by Pontius Pilate

Don't be silly, there were no planes back then.

2 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Don't be silly, there were no planes back then.

You'd think that the son of God might have conjured one up after a few splinters.