Unpopular opinions.

1 minute ago, Mr Tourette said:

Fashion and society has changed since I was going out in the 80s. Guys always wore trousers, shoes and a shirt, mostly because you couldn’t get into a nightclub wearing anything else. Trainers and jeans were like magnets to door men’s eyes, no matter how dark it was

When I was of that age, a tie was required to get into a Disco (no nightclubs back then). Not sure about jeans - I think it was a dress trousers policy though. We were also able to buy fish and chips and burger and chips in the disco - both came with peas.

I don't mind wearing smart trousers but a full suit isn't for me. My posture is fucked which makes my tie sit in a weird position and often untucks my shirt at the back.

Tbh if I could wear jammy bottoms, a shite t-shirt and my dressing gown everywhere then I'd be happy.

1 hour ago, Kima Greggs said:

Idk, I think people should wear whatever makes them feel comfortable.

Yeah. I'll bet the folk casting doubts about how other men dress cut about like they're going for a round of golf every single day. Smart polo shirt (tucked in) and some chinos/trousers. NAP. 

Surely you dress to the standard of where you are going and what you are doing?

Absolutely agree with this, although I once met a French guy half way up one of the Cuillins in October who was wearing shorts, t-shirt and tennis shoes and holding a women’s umbrella as it had started raining

3 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Imagining ICTChris writing Fight Club only instead of leathering each other because they don't have dads they're all fitting each other for suits

I like it. Will get typing. Will thank you in the acknowledgments, no royalties though.

Guest Bob Mahelp

The very first job I had, I had to wear a suit and tie. At first I hated it, but after a few months I really liked it. 

Fortunately I've always been good looking, slim and modest, so I quickly realised that a suit and tie was bit of a pull. That's how I met the missus. She loved the suit and was devastated when I turned up for oor first date in jeans and ski jacket (it was January).

Then I worked abroad where the dress code was much more casual, and I bounced between smart/casual and jeans and trainers depending on the day. 

I still miss wearing a suit though. In fact, when I remember back, I used to have 2 suits for work, and a going out suit for the weekend.

LOL. Sounds like Victorian dad, but as someone pointed out there was a time when you couldn't get into a club or even a city centre boozer dressed in jeans and trainers. 

How time moves on. 

Pre-lockdown I was a smart breeks, shirt and tie to work kind of a guy.

Now I come in to the office wearing what the f**k I want and nobody gives a shit.

Not that they gave a shit anyway but is quite liberating. 

I doubt I'll ever wear a tie again in my life.