Unpopular opinions.

31 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

90% of live gigs are dreadful made bearable by drink and drugs. I'd rather go somewhere with drink and drugs available and they play a CD really loud.

90% of all recorded music is dreadful pish that no amount of drink or drugs could ever redeem. 

Edited by Paul Kersey

47 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

90% of live gigs are dreadful made bearable by drink and drugs. I'd rather go somewhere with drink and drugs available and they play a CD really loud.

Stop going to see shite bands. 

Seriously though musically some singers are poor live. I went to see a lot if punk bands and they were largely hopeless musically. But the energy was superb. 

19 hours ago, velo army said:

Stop going to see shite bands. 

Seriously though musically some singers are poor live. I went to see a lot if punk bands and they were largely hopeless musically. But the energy was superb. 

This!

Have to say that the best gigs I've been to all included a great stage show, Hawkwind's Black Sword tour, Motorhead's Ace of Spades, with the Bomber lighting rig, Anthrax Among the Living with the skate ramps and so on.

I'm not sure if this opinion is unpopular but it's probably not a very nice one.

There seems to have been a massive increase in scruffy, slovenly slobby men.  I was out and about today and saw a couple putting their child into the car seat.  The dad was putting the kid in and while he was doing it the Sports Direct-type shorts he was wearing started slipping down his fat arse.  He had to pause to howk at it and then had to have a swig from his giant can of fizzy juice that he'd put on the roof of his car to assist with his recovery.  I've seen stuff like this a lot in recent years.  The people who bought our house were like this, the guy turned up for both viewings in a great tracksuit he kept having to yank up.  I've also seen young couples who are clearly out on dates - the woman has made an effort with her clothes, hair, make-up etc and the guy turns up with a grey jobby catcher on, looking like he's just been released from prison.

I'm concious that there are lots of reasons for this - Sports Direct-type clothes are very cheap; obesity is more common so people are more likely to wear comfy stretchy clothes like these; people have busy lives and it's easy to chuck on a tracksuit on.  I'm also not saying that everyone should be wearing three piece suits with a fresh carnation in the lapel each day.  I don't know what it is though, I never ever leave the house wearing trackies it just doesn't seem right for an adult.  If you have kids I think you should try and present yourself well, at least as well as possible, rather than stumble about with your arse falling out.  One guy dropped his daughter off at my sons nursery wearing dress shoes and tracksuit bottoms and a leather jacket, perhaps a literal case of getting dressed in the dark.

Anyway

5w3cus.jpg

12 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I'm not sure if this opinion is unpopular but it's probably not a very nice one.

There seems to have been a massive increase in scruffy, slovenly slobby men.  I was out and about today and saw a couple putting their child into the car seat.  The dad was putting the kid in and while he was doing it the Sports Direct-type shorts he was wearing started slipping down his fat arse.  He had to pause to howk at it and then had to have a swig from his giant can of fizzy juice that he'd put on the roof of his car to assist with his recovery.  I've seen stuff like this a lot in recent years.  The people who bought our house were like this, the guy turned up for both viewings in a great tracksuit he kept having to yank up.  I've also seen young couples who are clearly out on dates - the woman has made an effort with her clothes, hair, make-up etc and the guy turns up with a grey jobby catcher on, looking like he's just been released from prison.

I'm concious that there are lots of reasons for this - Sports Direct-type clothes are very cheap; obesity is more common so people are more likely to wear comfy stretchy clothes like these; people have busy lives and it's easy to chuck on a tracksuit on.  I'm also not saying that everyone should be wearing three piece suits with a fresh carnation in the lapel each day.  I don't know what it is though, I never ever leave the house wearing trackies it just doesn't seem right for an adult.  If you have kids I think you should try and present yourself well, at least as well as possible, rather than stumble about with your arse falling out.  One guy dropped his daughter off at my sons nursery wearing dress shoes and tracksuit bottoms and a leather jacket, perhaps a literal case of getting dressed in the dark.

Anyway

5w3cus.jpg

I used to work at TGI's in Aberdeen (the beach) and had to continually resist the urge to clout young men across the head for this. Gorgeous young lassie presenting herself beautifully and yer man wearing a fuckin tee shirt and jeans. 

I think there are deeper psycho-social reasons for the way men are turning themselves out. Lack of presence of strong male role models being one. I don't mean macho men, but men who model valuing themselves and also value the young men connected to them. I mean, obviously there's confirmation bias here, we could be well ignoring all the men who turn out well and are obviously healthy.  I do see a shocking amount of obese people generally, but obese weans have been ubiquitous for the last 20 years. 

To be fair, I think jeans and a t-shirt can be fine.  

It's also perfectly easy, even easier these days, for large or obese people to dress well also, I don't want to get on the moaning about the fat bandwagon.

Basically, I'm siding with Junior Soprano in this conversation

Wearing your trouser waistline roughly halfway down your arsecrack seems to be popular again. However, instead of being so fannies can show off the waistband of their Calvin Klein underoos (or whatever that weird fashion was), the underpants seem to have regressed downward too, so everyone's just getting a lovely view of filthy, sweaty, hairy man cleavage.

Just...why.

I was just thinking about this and a couple of years ago I went to a funeral where one of the attendees was wearing a tracksuit.  At least he went with a black tracksuit and black trainers.

Very heavy vibes of this

Alan Partridge's Castrol GTX bomber jacket that he wears to a funeral :  r/findfashion

Anyway
5w3cus.jpg

I wonder if throbber has cottoned on to this long winded dig