Unpopular opinions.

On 27/11/2021 at 18:37, Miguel Sanchez said:

I don't like Queen.

I think I said this on this thread a couple of years ago and I still have my detractors marked out as OFTW.

Utterly dreadful and I would imagine there is a huge crossover between their fans and fans of musical theatre (not a homophobic point).

I'll admit Seven Seas of Rye is a banger though. 

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Bohemian Rhapsody added something to the charts of the time. Can't remember another single that did though.

one.thumb.jpg.1226ab3f87049d8b4bbae1b0d0e3659c.jpg

Released 5 months earlier 10cc's I'm Not In Love made record makers and producers sit up and think.

40 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

76b.jpg

care to put me straight ? i wasn't questioning his actual singing, but his fans w**k over his ''4 octave range'' while plenty of singers have than range and some are beyond that.

Edited by Meldrew

13 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Released 5 months earlier 10cc's I'm Not In Love made record makers and producers sit up and think.

They were the backtrack to my first attempts to get my hole adventures in love.

Edited by welshbairn

2 hours ago, NotThePars said:

It's class how the rest of the band think they're anywhere near as interesting as Freddie Mercury.

Brian May made his own guitar from a fireplace, banged a household name actress and is a well respected astrophysicist.  That's pretty interesting. 

4 hours ago, coprolite said:

Brian May made his own guitar from a fireplace, banged a household name actress and is a well respected astrophysicist.  That's pretty interesting. 

Banging an alky from Eastenders isn’t that interesting tbh. The rest I’ll give you.

Dunno about his vocal range, but Freddie Mercury had an incredible powerful voice, and the theatricality to vary his delivery. You can't imagine anyone else filling in on Queen's songs and doing a better job. If it's vocal range you want (or anything else, for that matter), Mike Patton of Faith No More is your man.

Brian May seems like a bit of a w**k, but he's one of a select group of guitar players with their own unique sound, and his work is well-respected by other guitarists. I quite like the way he was willing to step back and not fill their songs with his guitar.

Huh, maybe I'm more of a Queen fan than I thought.

10 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

I think I said this on this thread a couple of years ago and I still have my detractors marked out as OFTW.

Utterly dreadful and I would imagine there is a huge crossover between their fans and fans of musical theatre (not a homophobic point).

I'll admit Seven Seas of Rye is a banger though. 

As a massive fan of both I'm more than happy with this. 

6 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Maybe this belongs here, I like Queen.
And Freddy Mercury had the greatest musical voice ever.

Me too. 

My favourite Queen songs though aren't the famous ones. When the weather turns bad like this I really like A Winter's Tale (not that David Essex bollocks, but a good song). Also like Spread Your Wings and  Save Me more than the more famous songs.