Unpopular opinions.

Nigella Lawson completely ruins* Saturday Kitchen. Can't stand the way she pouts at the camera. 
*The wine experts are also annoying, but I suspect that isn't an UO. 

Nigella Lawson is a despicable person, and furthermore, is a really poor cook/chef

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
30 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:
Nigella Lawson completely ruins* Saturday Kitchen. Can't stand the way she pouts at the camera. 
*The wine experts are also annoying, but I suspect that isn't an UO. 

Nigella Lawson is a despicable person, and furthermore, is a really poor cook/chef

I know, but still...

31 minutes ago, Paul Kersey said:

It often does. Preston bus station and The Barbican in London are two great examples.

The flats at the barbican are stunning (from the outside anyway) and the whole complex is a really interesting way of configuring urban construction projects. We could do with more like it. 

3 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Brutalist architecture is much better than a lot of the new build monstrosities you see these days. 

Bit of a bold statement, but I quite like the Gala Fairydean grandstand. 

The Galashiels taxi drivers were probably nipping everyone's heads about it in 1964.

Almost tempted to start an architecture thread...on Brutalism, I attended a conference on this in Dundee in 2007. A lot of love for Gillespie, Kidd & Coia. For me though the big thing is St Peter's Seminary, Cardross. Beautiful building, brutalist.

nD5SkoxljyV9qkt5f-XcLNOvMviBEYZ5zcPvBYKZ_94002525_9158e291-5ab3-41fc-ada1-33019e

94d513d5ee90dcff59ca00eafef05e4a.jpg

sadly left to ruin.

st-peters-seminary-cardross-building-030

43 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I don't like nature programmes.

Here are some plants or animals in slow motion while an old man whispers rapturously over them. So?

You must have missed all the sex and violence in them. 

5 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I don't like nature programmes.

Here are some plants or animals in slow motion while an old man whispers rapturously over them. So?

Thought it was just me that was a heinous ignoramus.

Folk coo and ahh over them like loons. I appreciate it's cool that the lesser-spotted hairy-arsed tarantula rides into battle on the back of the screaming bovril parrot, but I can understand the concept without actually seeing it happen myself in slow motion HD over the course of an hour.