Unpopular opinions.

5 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

I like the smell of fresh cigarette smoke

Stale , not so much

Not so keen on smoke but I do like the smell of tobacco. Which takes me back to learning to read in P1.

You had to take home and learn words as your homework. The words were reproduced, in those pre photocopier days, on something called a Banda which used spirit ink which had a particular smell. The words were taken home in an old Golden Virginia tin- a lot of kids in my class used these.

With these formative experiences I'm lucky not to have grown up as a meths drinking 60 a day loonball.

Edited by tamthebam
Missing word

12 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Not so keen on smoke but I do like the smell of tobacco. Which takes me back to learning to read in P1.

You had to take home and learn words as your homework. The words were reproduced, in those pre photocopier days, on something called a Banda which used spirit ink which had a particular smell. The words were taken home in an old Golden Virginia tin- a lot of kids in my class used these.

With these formative experiences I'm lucky not to have grown up as a meths drinking 60 a day loonball.

The smell of tobacco and coffee beans/ground I absolutely love. But neither smoke or drink coffee. A bit odd tbh. 

50 minutes ago, thistledo said:

The smell of tobacco and coffee beans/ground I absolutely love. But neither smoke or drink coffee. A bit odd tbh. 

Nah, definitely not especially with the latter. I loved the smell of coffee for years before I started drinking it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Cannabis/hash/weed or whatever you want to call it is shite.

Stoners are some of the most tedious c***s around, particularly when they start earnestly quoting statistics about how many people die from drinking alcohol each year in a bizzare attempt to justify their lifestyle choice.

Cannabis/hash/weed or whatever you want to call it is shite.
Stoners are some of the most tedious c***s around, particularly when they start earnestly quoting statistics about how many people die from drinking alcohol each year in a bizzare attempt to justify their lifestyle choice.

On a similar note - I hope it's never legalised. And my reason for this is purely down to the smell. You smell it often enough when it's illegal. f**k having to smell that shit constantly if folk are casually smoking it walking around. It smells absolutely bogging.

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

On a similar note - I hope it's never legalised. And my reason for this is purely down to the smell. You smell it often enough when it's illegal. f**k having to smell that shit constantly if folk are casually smoking it walking around. It smells absolutely bogging.

That's true. My neighbour is always standing outside smoking and the stink drifts in my window every night. 

24 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I've not problem with the legalisation of 'soft' drugs and to a lesser extent the decriminalisation of harder stuff. But I can't stand the smell of weed. Though I suppose plenty of folk will be the same with coffee etc.