Unpopular opinions.

Nightclubs are good if you’re absolutely out your mind on drink and/or drugs. Anyone who enjoys them when not under the influence is either lying to themselves or is a complete fucking lunatic.

A bog standard nightclub fair enough but I can understand going to see a good DJ especially if you’re into them relatively sober even if I’m usually at least pretty steaming myself.

I last set foot in a nightclub in 2000. Sticky floors, overpriced (watery) drinks, music too loud, dancefloor crowded, Steps and S Club 7 peppered in between the hardcore dance songs to keep the lassies happy. Happy memories. 

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

Books/articles/transcripts are better than podcasts.

Better for what purpose exactly? There are few circumstances in which fucking transcripts are a worthwhile form of media at all. 

1 hour ago, The Golden God said:

Nightclubs are good if you’re absolutely out your mind on drink and/or drugs. Anyone who enjoys them when not under the influence is either lying to themselves or is a complete fucking lunatic.

I see this accusation made against clubs and electronic music in general. Aye, drink and/or drugs can enhance the experience but how is that any different from other days out, like going to an away day on the bus? Do you think it's the shite buffet and Dolly Parton tunes that makes your aunt's 60th birthday a great night, or is it the fact that everyone is rubber? 

Edited by beesher

Off the top of my head, David Guetta and Paul Oakenfold are two DJs I have seen who put on magnificent sets, and had nightclubs absolutely buzzing. DJ Sammy is better than his chart efforts suggest.

The Chemical Brothers are a good example of one where tbh, I didnt like them much, but their live sets are fucking amazing

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Off the top of my head, David Guetta and Paul Oakenfold are two DJs I have seen who put on magnificent sets, and had nightclubs absolutely buzzing. DJ Sammy is better than his chart efforts suggest.

The Chemical Brothers are a good example of one where tbh, I didnt like them much, but their live sets are fucking amazing

Better for what purpose exactly? There are few circumstances in which fucking transcripts are a worthwhile form of media at all. 
If it's an interview podcast then I'll take the transcript over the audio, for a few reasons.

It's so much easier to scan through and skip any bits which aren't of interest, if it's discussing something complex or using terms new to me then it's easier to progress at a pace that suits me or to reread, and you don't have to put up with interviewees who er, um and eh, who speak in grating (let's be honest here: Australian) accents or speak too quickly.

In general, compared to audio, I spend less time on and get more out of the written word.
Why does it have to be a choice between books and podcasts?
It doesn't.

People who do not have anywhere to park their car apart from out in the street, should be banned from driving or owning a vehicle.

Likewise, anyone who has a garage or a driveway but still parks in the street, should be banned from driving or owning a vehicle.

I say this as a responsible car owner, who has a driveway AND a garage, who has just had to weave my way through streets jammed with cars on both sides of the pavement.

You wouldn't buy a horse if you had nowhere to keep it. So don't buy a car if you have nowhere to park it that doesn't create a public nuisance.

Likewise, don't buy a dog if you aren't prepared to clean up it's shit.

And don't take everything you read on P&B seriously.

18 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

People who do not have anywhere to park their car apart from out in the street, should be banned from driving or owning a vehicle.

Likewise, anyone who has a garage or a driveway but still parks in the street, should be banned from driving or owning a vehicle.

I say this as a responsible car owner, who has a driveway AND a garage, who has just had to weave my way through streets jammed with cars on both sides of the pavement.

You wouldn't buy a horse if you had nowhere to keep it. So don't buy a car if you have nowhere to park it that doesn't create a public nuisance.

Likewise, don't buy a dog if you aren't prepared to clean up it's shit.

And don't take everything you read on P&B seriously.

See the source image

2 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

If it's an interview podcast then I'll take the transcript over the audio, for a few reasons.

It's so much easier to scan through and skip any bits which aren't of interest, if it's discussing something complex or using terms new to me then it's easier to progress at a pace that suits me or to reread, and you don't have to put up with interviewees who er, um and eh, who speak in grating (let's be honest here: Australian) accents or speak too quickly.

In general, compared to audio, I spend less time on and get more out of the written word. It doesn't.

Reading transcripts of Trumps speeches was more revealing than listening. On TV it just sounded like white noise, you had to read the transcripts to see quite how deranged he was.