Unpopular opinions.

2 hours ago, beesher said:

A good nightclub, with a top DJ, when you are on it is one of the greatest experiences life can offer.

Not many good nightclubs or top DJs unfortunatley. Most clubs in Scotland are the worst kind of tacky shite.

On 03/08/2021 at 19:54, BFTD said:

According to everybody's grandpa, twinkle-toes Billy MacGlumpher would spend ninety minutes weaving his way around the entire opposition just for fun, and after spending all week down the pit. They don't make players like that anymore.

Then you look up the few remaining clips of him on YouTube, which rarely consist of him getting past a single player without being physically assaulted (fair challenge, play on).

aye, Dalglish was shite.

10 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

I think you have your era's all mixed up. There is stack of footage available to confirm how good a player Dalglish was. 

That may be the case but I well recall journalist's blaming Dalglish and other anglo's for getting idea's above their station's

On 10/08/2021 at 18:23, beesher said:

A good nightclub, with a top DJ, when you are on it is one of the greatest experiences life can offer.

You're arguing with a bunch of people who are mentally about a hundred years old it's best to let them get on with it

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Drums at the fitba make for a worse atmosphere than just a good old fashioned sing song.

I remember a certain tawdry franchise being proud of their fans having drums which made some kind of atmosphere while they rattled around an empty stadium.

Rather pathetic really.

9 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

I think you have your era's all mixed up. There is stack of footage available to confirm how good a player Dalglish was. 

no, i was using Dalglish {someone who is rightly rated very highly} as a counter balance as Scotland really hasnt had anyone on that level for years, he played with players ''yer da'' bigs up and he played with players in our living memory who we all rate, i think i'd rather take the word of some like, than the opinion of some one even younger than myself. i recently read John Robertson {Forest & Scotland} claimed Leeds were by far the best he ever faced, which surprised me, as i would thought it was an 80's Liverpool.

my owner unpopular opinion is actually, while still proper World Class, Zidane is wildly overrated and far too high up on the ''greatest ever totem pole'', Michael Laudrup was a better player

Edited by Meldrew

If only there had been a pandemic-related shutdown of live football recently for the footage of 'classic' games before the 1990s to be replayed and confirm that the overall standard was absolutely fucking shite, without exception. 

19 minutes ago, virginton said:

If only there had been a pandemic-related shutdown of live football recently for the footage of 'classic' games before the 1990s to be replayed and confirm that the overall standard was absolutely fucking shite, without exception. 

To be fair that’s around the time your club played in the top division. 

I suppose one thing they didn't do back then was constantly feign injury. I'm not saying it didn't happen but not as much as now. Probably because there'd be some Souness type around to make sure you were properly injured next time.

I did laugh the other day reading a story that one of Banksys art pieces had been "vandalised" and everyone was outraged, I thought it was quite creative, more so than the original patch of graffiti Banksy had left behind. 

On 10/08/2021 at 18:23, beesher said:

I just don’t see how someone playing records too loud can compete with sitting next to a pub fireplace, wearing brogues and drinking three or four pints of Directors bitter.